Avocado & Vine Ripened Tomato Crostini (small bites). How to Prepare Avocados Avocado is the fruit of the avocado tree, scientifically known as Persea americana (). This fruit is prized for its high nutrient value and is added to various dishes due to its good flavor and. The avocado (Persea americana), a tree likely originating from south-central Mexico, is classified as a member of the flowering plant family Lauraceae.
Overview Information Avocado is a tree. The fruit, a popular food, is a good source of potassium and healthy fats. The fruit, leaves, and seeds are sometimes used to make medicine. You can cook Avocado & Vine Ripened Tomato Crostini (small bites) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Avocado & Vine Ripened Tomato Crostini (small bites)
- You need 1 of french baguette, 1cm slices and slightly toasted or griddled.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, peeled a cut in half (optional).
- Prepare 4 of ripe avacados, mashed.
- You need 1 of red pepper, 1 green pepper & 1 yellow pepper, finally chopped.
- It’s 1 handful of coriander, finely chopped.
- You need of Sprinkle salt.
- Prepare of Juice 1 lime.
- It’s of Vine ripened tomatoes, sliced.
Find new ways to cook with avocado at home with fabulous recipes from Food Network. Whether in a salad or guacamole, nature's butter always wins. Avocados are considered a "superfood" and are rich in various nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. They are also a good source of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids.
Avocado & Vine Ripened Tomato Crostini (small bites) instructions
- Slice the baguette at 1cm on an angle. Toast slightly on a griddle or in the toaster..
- Cut the garlic in half and rub over the warm toast..
- Slice the tomato and put onto the bread..
- Mash the avocado, and add the chopped coriander, lime juice and a sprinkle of salt, mix well then add this on top of the tomato. Finally chop the peppers and add these also..
- Pierce bread with a cocktail stick with the addition of an olive..
- Make up a variety of toppings including, tuna, roasted red peppers, peeled prawns, salmon, olive tapenade, finally chopped mushrooms, salted cod, antipasti, anchovies, cold meats etc etc..
Two-thirds of this fat is of the monounsaturated variety, and they are also very low in. Naturally Sodium and Cholesteral Free California Avocados are naturally sodium and cholesterol free. The avocado or Persea Americana is a fruit that belongs to the family of Lauraceae; a group that also includes members such as cinnamon and laurel. There are dozens of varieties of avocado ranging in size, colour and texture. All are native to tropical climates and when harvested, the flesh softens to a buttery texture that has become extremely.