GF Maple nut scones.
You can cook GF Maple nut scones using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of GF Maple nut scones
- You need 1 cup of quick or Old Fashioned oats.
- It’s 1 1/4 cups of gluten free all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of maple sugar AND 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- It’s of or.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup.
- You need 1/2 cup of half and half or heavy cream or milk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of maple extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of pecans, almonds, walnuts (not pistachios) – chopped.
- Prepare of Topping:.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of maple extract.
- Prepare 5 teaspoons of warm maple syrup.
GF Maple nut scones instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Mix together oats, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter with pastry cutter or 2 dinner knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs..
- In a small bowl, beat the egg with the cream, maple syrup and maple extract..
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Add pecans and mix just to incorporate..
- Put silicon cupcake liners in muffin pan (or even just put them on a baking sheet!). Fill with dough. This recipe makes enough to generously fill 12 cupcake liners, or you can use a scone pan or even form into a circle on a baking sheet. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until light brown..
- Remove scones from oven, remove cupcake liners, and transfer to plate or wire rack for icing. Icing is messy, so have something to catch drips!.
- Mix maple glaze topping ingredients until smooth. Spread lots of glaze over warm scones and dry about 15 minutes before serving..