Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake. Spoon the sausage gravy over the top, and cover with remaining cheese. Home » Blog » Breakfast » Biscuits and Gravy Breakfast Casserole. Homemade biscuits call for just six ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, and milk.
Make the biscuits: sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together into a large bowl. Using two knives or a pastry blender, cut in the butter until the texture rangers from cornmeal to the size of. Make classic sausage gravy and biscuits for a crowd with this quick and easy breakfast casserole version. You can cook Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake
- You need 1 lb of hot or mild country sausage.
- It’s 6 of eggs beaten with a little salt.
- Prepare 8 oz of cheese of choice, I used cheddar, shredded.
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of baking mix.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s 2 of white country gravy packets.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
Breakfast never sounded better than this Biscuits and Gravy Bake from Delish.com. There is nothing better than biscuits and gravy and this is the perfect way to serve them to crowd. An extra thick layer of gravy with lots of black pepper makes this bake absolutely perfect. Sausage Biscuit and Gravy Bake is layers of biscuits, covered in sausage gravy and cheese.
Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown sausage, most of the way,in the pan you’re going to bake the casserole in. mine had very little fat in it so I didn’t drain..
- In a separate pan or skillet, melt the butter and scramble the eggs MOST of the way, and spread over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese..
- In a bowl, make your drop biscuits with the baking mix and milk. Using an ice cream scoop sprayed with cooking spray, dollop out your biscuits on top and sprinkle more cheese around the biscuits. I leave a crust edge because we love crispy browned cheese. Bake til biscuits are golden brown, about 20 minutes or less..
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of Water to a boil with 2 packets of white country gravy packets. Bring to a boil whisking almost constantly. Remove from heat. Slice a piece of casserole and cover with gravy!.
It's a hearty, southern-inspired breakfast casserole recipe that will easily become a family favorite! I love using Borden® Cheese Thick Cut Shreds when I make my Biscuit and Gravy Casserole. Biscuits, eggs, gravy, sausage, and Cheddar cheese are baked together using this biscuits and gravy casserole recipe for the ultimate comfort food. I got this recipe at a church potluck. All the flavors blend really well.