Oxtail Udon. Oxtail Udon (テールスープうどん) is not a common Japanese dish, but a few years ago, my JOC teammate, Naomi, told me about this super delicious udon noodle soup she loved at Kemuri Japanese Baru in Redwood City, CA. As a big fan of oxtail, Mr. Meanwhile, cook the noodles in salted boiling water until al dente.
I followed the ingredients for the soup, but used my own seasoning. It didn't show what accompanied the soup, but I thought udon would go well with it. 😊 monica. Veggie & Fish Cake fried udon. You can cook Oxtail Udon using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oxtail Udon
- Prepare 1 package of ox tail(2 lbs).
- You need 7 of dried dates.
- You need 2 of medium pieces of ginger.
- You need of The peel of 1 orange, dried.
- Prepare 4 of star anise.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of raw peanuts.
- You need 7 of dried shiitake.
- You need of Udon noodles.
- It’s of Chinese bokchoy.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
A restaurant in Hawaii served oxtail soup. I followed the ingredients for the soup, but used my own seasoning. It didn't show what accompanied the soup, but I thought udon would go well with it. 😊 Fall of the bone oxtails, chewy udon noodles and umami filled broth, this defines comfort food, add to that some toasted garlic chips, ohhh my God this is heavenly. It is a very simple dish, all you need it sauté and boil for a long period of time, while the wait can be daunting, trust me it is all worth it.
Oxtail Udon instructions
- Soak ox tails for 2 hours to get rid of the blood. Boil some water with 1 Tbsp of salt. When the water is boiled, put ox tails in and boil for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the ox tails, clean under running water..
- Clean the pot well, put ox tails back. I used an onion sack to put the dates, ginger, star anise and orange peel. It would be easier to remove after the soup was done. Put the raw peanuts and shiitakes into the pot, because they will be served with the soup..
- Add water 4 cups of water and 4 cups of chicken stock or beef stock. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and simmer for 3 hours..
- Season with some salt, black pepper, 1 Tbsp of sugar and 1 Tbsp of fish sauce..
- Boil 1 1/2 cup of water with 1 Tbsp of salt. Blanch the bokchoy for 2 minutes. Remove. Cut into bite size, put in a mixing bowl, drizzle some sesame oil. Mix well. Set aside..
- In the same boiling water, put one package of udon (there are 3 pack udon in 1 package), boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well. Put into serving bowl. Pour soup with ox tails, peanuts and shiitake over udon, put bokchoy and some chopped green onion on top. Enjoy!.
- You can also eat it with rice. By itself, it would be excellent for hangovers!😂.
Find our delicious udon noodle recipes, featuring yaki udon, beef udon, curry udon, cold tanuki udon, nabeyaki udon & more.. Chewy udon noodles, tender fall-off-the-bone meat, and fried garlic slices in a hearty oxtail. This Oxtail Udon is the ultimate comfort food this winter, or all year around! Oxtail Udon (テールスープうどん) is not a common Japanese dish, but a few years ago, my JOC teammate, Naomi, told me about this super delicious udon noodle soup she loved at Kemuri Japanese Baru in Redwood City, CA. As a big fan of oxtail, Mr.