Vegan Blueberry and Almond Cupcakes. These Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes are moist and fluffy, sweet and fruity and slathered in a delicious "cream cheese" frosting! An adorable dessert to suit lots of occasions. My Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Blueberry Cake recipe has been so popular that I decided to make a cupcake version too.
Set aside to allow milk to curdle. In a larger bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt. You can cook Vegan Blueberry and Almond Cupcakes using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Blueberry and Almond Cupcakes
- It’s 500 g (4 cups) of self-raising flour.
- It’s 60 g (1/2 cup) of ground almonds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 250 g (1 1/4 cups) of caster sugar.
- You need 500 ml of (scant 2 cups) soya or rice milk.
- You need 320 ml (11/3 cups) of light rapeseed or other flavourless oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of almond extract or flavouring (optional).
- It’s 100 g of (about 60) whole blueberries.
Then add the soy milk, vegetable oil, vinegar, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon zest. Great recipe for Vegan Blueberry and Almond Cupcakes. These cupcakes taste like the real deal, so much so many don't realise they're vegan! The recipe is from Ms Cupcake, originally it is with a crumble topping however I choose not to do this as I wanted smaller, lighter cake.
Vegan Blueberry and Almond Cupcakes step by step
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 and line your muffin trays with cases..
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, ground almonds, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and caster sugar..
- Add the milk, oil, vanilla and almond extracts and, using a metal spoon, quickly mix everything together for about 10 seconds until the ingredients are just combined. Don’t mix the batter too much, it should still be a bit lumpy..
- Spoon the batter evenly into your muffin cases and drop the same amount of blueberries on to each muffin (about 5 for each very large muffin or 3 for each medium-sized one). The blueberries will sink into the batter when baking..
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes. Cool in the muffin trays on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then transfer the muffins in their cases to the rack to cool completely..
As long as you don't have a nut allergy, almond flour blueberry muffins are really the best option from a taste and texture perspective. Bursting with blueberries and with a dollop of extra protein from almond butter, these Blueberry Almond Butter Muffins are a wholesome way to start your day! These Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Cupcakes are the perfect simple yet elegant dessert: they're sweet and tangy, and smothered in a rich "cream cheese" frosting!. Why you'll love these Gluten-Free Vegan Lemon Cupcakes. Unlike most other gluten-free cupcakes you may have tried, the sponge is really the best part, as it's: First, make the cupcakes.