Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork. Char siu, or Chinese BBQ Pork, is a delicious Cantonese roast meat. Growing up in the Catskills, the first time I saw this Chinese BBQ pork, or char siu, was at the Holiday Inn of all places. My father, the hotel restaurant's head chef at the time, used a closely guarded recipe of Chinese sauces, lots of.
The honey will sweeten up the glaze and thicken it up to give us that nice sticky thick layer 🙂 Alternatively, you can also remake the glaze and If you love a juicy, sweet & sticky char siu (Chinese BBQ Pork), try this easy recipe! Delicious char siu is achievable at home in an oven or on a grill!. BBQ Pork (Char Siu): Known for its distinctive red color and shiny glaze, Char Siu pork is both incredibly Add the additional two tablespoons of honey to the glaze. You can have Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork
- You need of Pork Butt / Neck / Belly.
- You need of Marinade Glaze Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 cubes of fermented red beancurd.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey / maltose.
- Prepare 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of five spice powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 3 tbsp of water.
- You need of Cornstarch solution.
- You need of Minced garlic.
- It’s of Spring onion.
- Prepare bag of Zip lock.
Honey Roasted BBQ Pork (Char Siu). When the pork is done, slice and serve with white rice and bok choy. Char Siew (Hong Kong BBQ Pork). Place the pork on top of the roasting rack and shield.
Char Siew Honey Glazed BBQ Pork instructions
- You can use pork butt, neck or belly, cut in a long strip. Try different cut, it gives you different texture. Poke hole on the meat to tenderize it. Cut out the skin maybe a good option as skin is tough and chewy. Marinate pork meat in a zip lock bag with Ingredient sauce. Leave it overnight in the fridge..
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree celcius. Roast meat for 8 minutes. Take out the meat and glaze with sauce. Bake for another 8 minutes. Take out meat and glaze again. Repeat the process a few rounds till meat turns dark red. BBQ for another 15 minutes in high heat 180 to 200 degree celcius until some Char or black part appear. Take out, cool it down, cut and serve..
Try this Chinese-style grilled pork with a sweet-and-sour marinade next time you break out the charcoal grill. A whole butt roast makes a lot, so I portion it up and freeze pieces for later use. Place the pork and the marinade in a ziplock bag. My mother always taught me to eat pork during Chinese New Please enjoy my easy and delicious recipe for Honey BBQ Pork that's been passed down in my family for generations. Char Siew, Chinese Roasted BBQ Pork, 叉燒.