Black chicken curry. Special dark chicken curry without coconut milk by Apé Amma පොල් කිරි නැතුව බ්ලැක් චිකන් කරිය Like "Apé Amma" fan page. https://www. How I got to know this incredible Sri Lankan chicken curry. I enjoyed so many amazing meals while in Sri Lanka staying at Cinnamon Hotels.
Sri Lankan black pepper chicken curry. Using pepper as the key ingredient and Sri Lankan curry powders, here's how you make a delicious pepper chicken curry with a thick coconut sauce. By using fresh ground pepper to make the chicken curry, you are giving this dish a unique flavor. You can cook Black chicken curry using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black chicken curry
- Prepare 500 g of chicken.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of black masala powder(kalu kudu).
- You need of Salt for the taste.
- It’s 10 g of ginger.
- Prepare 5 pcs of garlic.
- It’s 3 pcs of cardamom.
- It’s 10 g of cineman.
- You need 2 pcs of garcinia(goraka).
- Prepare 1/2 pcs of red onion.
- You need 3 pcs of green chilli.
- You need leaves of Curry.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
Squish it through the chicken with your hands to coat, then leave it to sit while you do the next bit. Fry the cumin seeds in a little oil for a few seconds, then tip in the onion and fry gently until soft. Stir in the crushed coriander, then add the black pepper and curry leaves. A great Sri Lankan chicken curry is a very versatile and easy to make dish.
Black chicken curry step by step
- First wash your chicken nicly and cut it in to cubes.
- Drain the water properly.
- Add chilli powder and turmeric powder, garcinia(goraka) in to the drained chicken and mix it properly.
- Now add salt and keep that marinated chicken for a 10 minutes.
- Take your crush machine (podi wangediya) to crush the other ingredients,you can even chopped it..
- Add ginger,garlic, cardamom, cineman stick, in to the pastle and crush it properly.
- Now take a pot or cooking pan and swich on the gas cooker.
- Add some oil in to the pan.
- When the oil is getting hot add your black curry powder(kalu kudu) in to the pan.
- After sometime add cut red onions, curry leaves,green chilli, in to that.
- And now add crushed paste in to that.
- After some time add marinated chicken in to that and add one cup of water close for a while..
- Now check the salt and serve it😋.
Sure, there are plenty of slow cooker versions and quick versions of this chicken curry that you could find online with a google search. Place a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat, and add oil. Stir in curry paste, tomato paste and coconut milk. Add chicken, reserved cooking liquid and a pinch of salt. We developed this Instant Pot Chicken Curry to be a very easy yet flavorful curry recipe using simple ingredients.