Chicken Tikka. This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala–chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Serve with rice or warm flatbreads. The traditional chicken tikka consists of small pieces of marinated chicken, threaded onto skewers and grilled.
Full of incredible flavours, it rivals any Indian restaurant! Aromatic golden chicken pieces in an incredible creamy curry sauce, this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is one of the best you will try! Purée all ingredients except chicken in a blender until spices are well ground. You can cook Chicken Tikka using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka
- You need 1 kg of chicken breasts, skin and bones removed.
- You need 1 cup of yogurt, plain.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fresh.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh ginger, grated.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tablespoons of bunch of coriander, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s of salt to taste.
- It’s of For the garam massala mixture: (makes 1/2 cup).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ground cardamom, seeds.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick, broken up.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cumin, seeds.
- You need 1 teaspoon of whole cloves.
- You need 2 tablespoons of black peppercorns.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of nutmeg, grated.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of dried coriander, seeds.
- Prepare of Special equipment: an electric coffee/ spice grinder.
Combine garlic, ginger, turmeric, garam masala, coriander, and cumin in a small bowl. Whisk yogurt, salt, and half of spice mixture in a medium bowl; add chicken and turn to coat. Chicken tikka recipe – Tandoori chicken tikka is one of the most popular chicken starter or appetizer from Indian Cuisine. It is also popular across the world.
Chicken Tikka step by step
- To prepare the garam masala: mix, then toast all ingredients in a pan for 10 mn, transfer to a coffee/spice grinder and grind them into a powder..
- Put the yogurt in a deep bowl. Add in vegetable oil, cumin, coriander, ginger, garam masala, garlic, black pepper, cayenne, lemon juice and salt. Blend well until the mixture is smooth..
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and add to the yogurt mixture.Make sure all chicken pieces are well coated. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours..
- Before grilling, remove the chicken from the refrigerator and bring to room temperature..
- Insert the skewers into chicken pieces and grill until the chicken is cooked from both sides. If you don’t have a grill you can also cook it in the oven on a wire rack for 15 to 20 mn..
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve..
Tikka means a cube or a piece that is grilled. Chicken tikka is cubed chicken that is marinated in spiced yogurt mixture & then grilled to perfection. The key to a mouth melting juicy, tender & succulent chicken tikka is proper marination. Chicken tikka masala is a dish of marinated and broiled chunks of chicken in a creamy, spice-infused tomato sauce. Alongside the requisite basmati rice, buttered peas, and naan, it makes a fabulous family feast.