CHICKEN MOUSSAKA!. Be the first to review this recipe. In its basic form, «moussaka» [pr. MOO-sah-kah] consists of sliced eggplant and ground meat that are.
Although typically made with minced lamb, this Greek inspired dish tastes just as delicious made with chicken. Autumn chicken salad with feijoa dressing. Moussaka (/muːˈsɑːkə/, /ˌmuːsəˈkɑː/ or /ˌmuːsɑːˈkɑː/) is an eggplant- (aubergine) or potato-based dish, often including ground meat, in the Levant, Middle East, Greece, and Balkans. You can cook CHICKEN MOUSSAKA! using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of CHICKEN MOUSSAKA!
- Prepare 1 of chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of oregano.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of aubergine.
- You need 1 of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 200 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ementaler cheese shredded.
- It’s 1 of egg.
Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over moussaka. Moussaka is to the Greek what Lasagna is to Italians. A rich tomato meat sauce layered with eggplant instead of pasta sheets, and topped with a thick layer of béchamel sauce, this traditional Greek recipe. This Eggplant Moussaka with Chicken can be served alone or with some leafy greens or a low carb salad.
CHICKEN MOUSSAKA! instructions
- Fry the onions and garlic on olive oil and add salt, pepper and oregano..
- Blend chicken in the blender and add to the mix. Fry until it looks good..
- Blend tomatoes and add paste until consistent..
- Add to the onion/chicken mix..
- Cut aubergine into thick rings. Toss in a bit of olive oil. Then toss in breadcrumbs so they're covered..
- Fry all aubergine rings on both sides until they turn golden. In the meantime heat up the cream and add the ementaler so it creates a consistent mass..
- Cover bottom of the baking dish with aubergine slices..
- Once the cream/ cheese has cooled down but not settled! Mix one egg into it..
- Put the chicken/ tomatoe mix on top of the aubergines so it covers the aubergines completely..
- Cover everything with the cream/cheese/egg mix..
- You can add extra cheese on top..
- Bake for about 30mins until the top turns golden..
It's so delicious and cheesy you and your family will love. This classic Greek moussaka recipe is made by layering eggplant and potatoes with a spiced meat filling and topping it with a béchamel sauce. Meanwhile, start making your chicken ragu sauce. Finde was du suchst – appetitlich & originell. Jetzt ausprobieren mit ♥ Chefkoch.de ♥.