Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style. Homemade Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco is a quick & easy healthier copy cat version. We used to be long time fans of Hamburger Helper; quick, simple, throw together meal for busy weeknight afternoons. Add the whole thing but don't use the water that's.
Keep on reading to learn more about the great value that Helper provides! Brown ground beef and cook with diced onions. After the beef is cooked drain and rinse. You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of unsalted beef or chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 cup of freshly shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Tortilla chips or Fritos, for serving.
Put back in the pan and add and mix well the seasoning, milk, water and cheese let it come to a slight boil. This Taco Hamburger Helper copycat recipe is a quick, easy, one-pan dinner made with just FIVE real, all-natural ingredients! Great recipe for Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style. This recipe is a simple, homemade take on an old hamburger helper fave.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Crunchy Taco Style instructions
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes. Then add the beef and cook until it is browned throughout. Drain any excess fat, if needed. Increase the heat to med-high and stir in the garlic and salsa..
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, stir in the rice and broth, then let it come to a boil. Once at a boil, pop the lid on and lower the heat to med-low. Let this cook, undisturbed, for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid has absorbed. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir the cheese in until it has melted into the dish. Serve with some crushed tortilla chips or some crushed Fritos on top, along with whatever other toppings sound good..
It comes together quickly and can be adaptable for whatever you want to add to it (diced peppers, beans, diced green chilis, etc.). Our products are made with NO artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources. Just before serving, stir in salsa and sprinkle with shredded cheese and fresh chopped cilantro. The Best Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipes on Yummly Brown ground beef with shallot in a large skillet over medium-high heat.