Cajun butter beans an shrimp. Thick, creamy and seasoned to south Louisiana perfection, my Cajun butter beans with shrimp and sausage are the ultimate all-in-one comfort food. Large white lima beans, soaked all night for optimal tenderness, then cooked down with the browned Cajun trinity, sausage and a broth/water mixture til tender. Finished off with plump, seasoned shrimp that release […] Lima Beans or Butter Beans and Shrimp.
Add beans and enough of the shrimp stock to just cover. River Parish Recipe Lost and Found: Butter Beans and Shrimp by Mrs. Full recipe can be found at WWW. You can cook Cajun butter beans an shrimp using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun butter beans an shrimp
- You need 1 cup of flour 1 cup oil – roux.
- It’s 3 (6 oz) of packs fresh baby Lima beans.
- You need Half of stick butter.
- You need 32 oz of can rotel.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Cajun seasoning to your liking.
- You need of Red pepper half a teaspoon.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Parsley flakes.
- It’s of Garlic powder to your liking.
- You need 2 lbs of decent size shrimp.
- You need of Cajun trinity onions,bellepeppers,celery.
- It’s of Couple frozen packs all ready chopped.
COM/ or the direct link http. White Beans and Rice is a staple comfort food in South Louisiana. It doesn't get the press that it's city cousin, Red Beans and Rice, gets but ask any Native of South Louisiana and they'll tell you how wonderful a plate of white beans can be. Usually simmered with sausage or ham, the mild beans soak up the flavor from the seasonings with which they are cooked.
Cajun butter beans an shrimp step by step
- Make your roux with flour an oil to dark brown.
- Then add yeah season blend cook for minute or two then add rotel, and butter.
- Add beans an stir good add water to cover beans an cook on simmer for 3 hours or till your beans or cooked down then add shrimp cook for about another hour !.
Add a little cajun seasoning (and rotel tomatoes, if you're using them) and boil hard until the water is almost all gone. When the beans are soft and getting a little creamy, add the cooked shrimp. Stir well and add the roux, stirring. One Pot cajun butter steak and shrimp skillet recipe – tender juicy steak bites with spicy shrimp and chunks of bell pepper in a delicious cajun butter sauce. Shrimp: When the beans and roux are done, cook the shrimp in a skillet. (Optional: you can cook the shrimp directly in the beans if you want, but browning them in a skillet makes them yummier.) To brown the shrimp, heat skillet over medium heat, melt butter, add shrimp in one layer (cook in batches if necessary).