Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup. A classic favorite, broccoli cheese soup was one dish I missed after going dairy-free, so I worked hard to come up with this deliciously satisfying vegan version that is loaded with flavor by the spoonful. I make a lot of soups, and this cheddar Vegan Broccoli Soup is my husband's absolute favorite!. No one will ever guess that this amazing soup is dairy-free and much lower in fat.
Brand New Vegan To make this soup you'll need a cutting board, one soup pot, and either a blender or an immersion blender. I have to say, my wife spoiled me this year on my birthday by buying me an immersion blender – and it did the trick perfectly! For the cheese sauce: Place the potatoes and carrots in a medium pot and add water to cover. You can cook Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup
- You need 4 of potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 2 of carrots or about 14 baby carrots, chopped.
- You need 1-2 cups of regular (unflavored, unsweetened) non dairy milk.
- You need 1-2 cups of vegetable stock.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli florets.
What began as a determined attempt to make a great vegan broccoli cheese soup resulted in a great broccoli cheese soup period. Vegan Broccoli Cheese the ultimate comfort food. This healthy dairy free recipe is low in calories, but so incredibly filling! Jalapeño Broccoli 'Cheddar' Soup (vegan) – a fast and easy weeknight meal that is loaded up with lots of healthy broccoli!
Vegan Cheddar Broccoli Soup step by step
- In 2 separate pots, bring water to boil..
- Cube carrots and potatoes..
- In one pot, add the carrots and potatoes. In the other pot, place a mesh strainer in that hangs over pot edges and above water, and place broccoli in strainer to steam..
- Cover both pots and cook for 10-15 minutes until potatoes and carrots are soft..
- Remove potatoes and carrots from heat and place in blender. Add a 2:1 ratio of dairy free milk to vegetable stock (ex. 1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup stock) until liquid almost covers veggies. The exact ratio will depend on how big or small your potatoes are..
- Add nutritional yeast, lemon, salt, pepper, and remaining spices to blender..
- Blend on high speed for a minute until soup runs smooth..
- Pour soup into large serving bowl or straight into chowing vessels and add steamed broccoli. Makes 2 just soup servings, or 4 side servings..
Ohhhhhhh how we've been loving this Jalapeño Broccoli 'Cheddar' Soup this week! Think of this like Broccoli Cheddar Soup, but made vegan and kicked up and notch with poblano peppers and. Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. This keto broccoli soup is deliciously rich, creamy and so easy to make on the stove or in the slow cooker. This vegan broccoli cheese soup is deliciously cheesy with all the cheesy flavor you could dream of.