Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and rub chicken with the basil pesto. Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet. Maybe a pint of ice cream, but my Creamy Skillet Pesto Chicken is a close second!
While those little packets are probably great for camping, stocking a bomb shelter, or keeping in your emergency hurricane supplies, I think regular weeknights call for something better. Pesto is an incredibly tasty Italian sauce made from fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Pesto is usually served over pasta although, the vibrant sauce is so versatile you can put it on pizzas, grilled meats, sandwiches and even soups. You can cook Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack
- You need of Your favorite Chicken part/s.
- Prepare of Bottled or ready-made Pesto sauce.
- Prepare 3-4 of garlic cloves, smashed.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, sliced coarsely.
- Prepare 1 of large or 2 small dry bay/laurel leaves.
- You need 1 c of or more water.
- Prepare 1/2 cube of chicken bullion or broth cube.
- It’s of Cooked pasta.
- You need 150 ml of all purpose cream (nestle or other).
- Prepare pinch of peppercorns (huge pinch).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need of Sprinkle of Parmesan (optional).
This isn't a heavy alfredo sauce based dinner. After deglazing the pan with chicken stock, which picks up all the sautéed bits and pieces of the browned chicken that were lightly floured, the sauce thickens and with the pesto and cream you have a killer, flavorful sauce to pour over or toss with cooked pasta and the chicken. If chicken starts to brown too much, lower the heat. This creamy casserole is delicious served with cooked baby carrots, focaccia and sherbet for dessert.
Creamy Pesto Chicken & Pasta Quick Hack step by step
- In a pot heat your water and add the bay leaves, garlic, onions, peppercorns and 1/4 of a chicken bullion cube. Add your chicken (salted lightly), thawed or 1/2 frozen. How much chicken? Depends how many are eating. How much water? Enough to submerge the chicken. Cover, turn, check until chicken is cooked (about 15-20 mins for 2 pcs of quarter chicken). Set aside when cooked..
- Meanwhile while boiling chicken, cook your pasta according to package instructions. Don't forget to add salt and oil or butter in the water. Set aside when cooked..
- Pesto sauce- to make it quick and easy, buy a pre-made or ready made pesto sauce from the supermarket. Normally they are in small bottles good for 2-3 servings. You can use the whole thing depending on how many are eating. If there's excess oil in the bottle, separate and pour it in a container (if u want to use it later on), no need to strain or to be exact. We need to remove the excess oil since this is a creamy sauce..
- In very low heat, pour the oil-drained pesto in a pan. Add your nestle or all purpose cream and 1/4 of the remaining chicken bullion cube. Stir in the flavors. Add a few tablespoons of the chicken broth from the boiled chicken to enhance the flavor, but not too much to make it soupy. To thicken, you can add more cream. Taste and season accordingly..
- Plating- plate your chicken and pasta then scoop your pesto sauce on top. OR toss it in a big bowl but ensure that your pasta is well drained as the excess water will make it soupy. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese (the Kraft kind or cheese block kind). Enjoy!.
- Note: the chicken broth tastes good too, you can serve it as a side soup with a sprinkle of scallions. Or freeze and use it for a chicken noodle soup dish..
Drain and rinse with cold water. Pesto is honestly one of my very favorite things in the whole world. I kid you not, I could eat it with a spoon all by itself. Pesto is one of those simple ingredients that can completely transform a dish by adding so many complex layers of flavor. What people are saying about this Creamy Pesto Parmesan Chicken "Wonderful!