Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup. This gluten-free Matzo Ball Soup recipe is a healthy twist on a classic Passover recipe. My secret to making this dish gluten-free is to use almond flour in place of matzo meal. Yes, it's true, I've created a Paleo Matzo Ball Soup!
A Healthy Twist on America's Favorite Soup. Let's face it, there's just something wonderfully soothing about seeing a steaming bowl of Matzo Ball Soup with its pillowy-plump dumplings swimming in a bath of golden broth. Make the matzo balls: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, salt, and pepper until well combined. You can have Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup
- It’s 5 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 1/2 c. of almond flour.
- It’s 1/2 c. of ground flax seeds.
- You need 1/4 c. of seltzer water.
- You need 1 tbsp. of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil divided.
- You need 6 c. of better than bullion vegetable broth.
- It’s 1 of large carrot peeled and chopped.
- You need 1 of large celery stalk chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of dill weed roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 of small onion diced.
Add matzo meal and seltzer; mix to combine. This keto matzo ball soup, courtesy of recipe developer Chelsea Cohen of SlimFast, proves that you don't have to give up all your favorite Passover foods just because you're on the keto diet. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the oil, water, salt, almond flour, and flax seed.
Keto – Vegetarian Matzo Ball Soup instructions
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl..
- Add the oil, water, salt, almond flour, and flax seed. Mix until even..
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for two hours..
- Boil water in a large pot..
- Take the mixture from the refrigerator and using wet hands, roll the mixture into small balls, no larger than a ping pong ball (they will expand during cooking)..
- Drop the balls into the boiling water one by one as you make them. Lower the flame and cook for 30 minutes..
- Drain the water and set aside..
- In large stock pot, add vegetable broth and remaining ingredients and let simmer on low heat for 2.5 hours.
- Add matzo balls to warm as the final step & serve.
One of the foods I most long for from my childhood bopping around Jewish delicatessens in New York and Los Angeles is the humble bowl of matzo ball soup: a mountain of tender dumplings surrounded by rich stock and not much else. As a child I would nibble each tender spoonful, carefully whittling down my knaidel (as "matzo ball" is called in Yiddish). This keto matzo balls soup recipe is a fantastic choice when you desire something light but yummy. The matzo balls soup is very simple to prepare and is full of healthy taste sensations. Try this quick and easy keto soup idea for a delicious lunch or dinner, the choice is all yours.