Italian Drunken Noodles.
You can cook Italian Drunken Noodles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Drunken Noodles
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of spicy Italian sausages links, casings removed.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, quartered and sliced thinly.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of yellow bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of orange bell pepper, cored and thinly sliced.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, pressed through garlic press.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry chardonnay.
- Prepare 1 of 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, with juice.
- You need 2 tbsp of flat leaf parsley, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, julienned, divided.
- You need 8 oz of pappardelle noodles, uncooked.
Italian Drunken Noodles step by step
- Place a large heavy bottomed pan over medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons olive oil..
- Once olive oil is heated, crumble the spicy Italian sausage into the pan in small chunks..
- Once sausage is browned on both sides, remove from pan with slotted spoon and set aside..
- Add the onion to the pan with sausage drippings and allow onions to caramelize, about five minutes, stirring to keep from burning..
- Add salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine..
- Add the bell peppers and saute until softened, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute until aromatic..
- Add chardonnay and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost all the way reduced. Next add the tomatoes and juice and return the sausage to the pan, gently folding it in. Simmer for 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors and turn the heat off..
- Drizzle in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and add the parsley and some of the nail l basil. Keep warm while you cook the noodles..
- Prepare the pappardelle noodles according to package directions. Then, drain the noodles very well and using tongs, add them to the sauce. Top with remaining basil..