Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro.
You can have Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro
- Prepare 400 g of Pork belly.
- It’s of Taro / Yam.
- It’s 1 cube of preserved red beancurd.
- You need 2 tsp of red beancurd sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crystal sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Dark soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 pcs of star anise.
- It’s 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need slices of Some ginger.
- It’s of Some spring onion.
Hakka Steamed Pork Belly with Taro step by step
- Soak the block pork belly in hot water with ginger and spring onion for 30 minutes. Remove and use a knife to scrap off white residue on the skin. Use a sharp object to poke many holes on the skin..
- Brush a layer of dark soy sauce on the whole block of meat. Cut the block meat into about 1cm thick each piece. Cut the taro as same size as the meat..
- Add 1tbsp oil in pan. Fry garlic till aromatic. Add in sauce mixture. Place pork meat in the mixture. You can marinate the meat with this sauce for 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- Place the marinated meat in a steaming plate. Place side by side 1pc meat and alternate 1pc taro. Pour in the marinade sauce..
- Steam for 90 minutes in low heat. Add water if necessary into the steaming pot. Garnish with spring onion and coriander on top and serve..