Pineapple Beer with a kick. Let's Make Some Pineapple Beer!: I've been making pineapple beer from a young age. Whenever I managed to salvage some pineapple peels before it went to the compost heap, I would drop it in a bowl with some water and sugar and let it stand. A few days later I had some sweet, pinea.
Seeing that it is Fathers Day, why not make some Pineapple Beer? Why not try brewing your own alcoholic pineapple punch? All you need is three ingredients. You can have Pineapple Beer with a kick using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pineapple Beer with a kick
- Prepare 4 of pineapples, leaves chopped off and skin washed clean.
- Prepare 15 liters of warm water, about 50°C (Geyser temperature).
- It’s 2,5 kg of white sugar.
- You need 15 grams of yeast.
- It’s 8 grams of tartaric acid.
Ingredients. sugar; water; a pineapple or two, depending on the size of the bash; Instructions. Skin the one pineapple and place the skins in the open container. Pineapple Beer with a kick You can use bakers yeast, but brewers yeast will increase the alcohol percentage. And this easy South African recipe requires only three ingredients.
Pineapple Beer with a kick instructions
- You will need a 20 liter plastic container preferably dark colour. You can also use a cooler box. I used a container that fits in my cooler box..
- Chop the Pineapples, peel and all in to about 1,5 cm cubes.
- Mix the water, sugar and tartaric acid together in your plastic container. Make sure all the sugar is dissolved.
- Now add the pineapple cubes and stir the mixture.
- At this stage your mixture temperature must be between 35°C – 30°C. If not, you must wait for it to cool down before proceeding with the next step..
- Sprinkle the Yeast over and leave for 2 minutes, then give the mixture a good stir-through.
- Make sure that your container's lid doesn't close or seals because the mixture will ferment.
- Keep in a warm place, if posible you want to keep the mixture between 25-20°C (it will secure a bigger kick)..
- Leave for 6 days – stirring twice a day.
- Strain and bottle the beer. Leave outside the fridge for 1 day and don't close the caps yet. You should get 14 liters out.
- Close the caps and put the beer in the fridge. Enjoy chilled.
Because pineapples are very low in kilojoules, sweet and affordable and contain antioxidants, you can drink this almost guilt-free. Scrub it very well, then rinse thoroughly. When you taste the beer and are happy with the kick, it means it's ready. Strain the beer through cloth in order to separate the liquid from the thicker pieces of pineapple pulp. Rather, the right combination of pineapple, sugar and yeast can result in an alcoholic brew with a kick — something consumers are craving amid prohibition.