Cheesy Stovetop Macaroni And Cheese. A big bowl of macaroni and cheese ranks right up there with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for me when it comes to comfort food. My go-to macaroni and cheese is my favorite baked version – I love the buttery crumb topping and crusted bits of macaroni and cheese around the edges!. However, my father-in-law makes a seriously mean stovetop macaroni and cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. This truly is the BEST stovetop mac and cheese recipe! This weekend, Barclay and I went to a food festival here in Barcelona that was fabulously. You can have Cheesy Stovetop Macaroni And Cheese using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Stovetop Macaroni And Cheese
- You need 1 lb of Box or Bag of Elbow Macaroni.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Salt.
- It’s 16 oz of Velveta Cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of Milk.
Cook macaroni according to package directions. Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth; gradually whisk in milk.
Cheesy Stovetop Macaroni And Cheese step by step
- Bring a large pan of water to boil..
- Once water has come to a boil add salt to the boiling water and cook macaroni noodles according to package directions. You want the noodles aldente because they will continue to cook when you melt the cheese..
- While the noodles are cooking cut your velveta cheese into cubes. Set aside until the noodles are done boiling..
- Once the macaroni noodles are ready strain the noodles and return to pan immediately..
- Over low heat add the cubes of velveta cheese and milk. Stir until well combined..
- Once the Velveta is almost melted add the cheddar cheese. Stir until all the cheese is melted..
- Once all the cheese has melted serve with your favorite meal. Enjoy.
Drain macaroni; add to cheese sauce and stir to. Baked mac and cheese: If you have a little extra time, you can bake the macaroni and cheese to give it a golden crust. Macaroni and Cheese The secret to good, baked mac and cheese is a crispy top that hides a creamy, soft bottom. Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese "Loved it. Asked if this was a keeper recipe and everyone said, 'Definitely!'" – msedwards.