Leftover Steak with Yellow Rice. But leftover rice works better because it's drier, and has less moisture than freshly cooked rice. TIP: If you don't have any leftover rice, you can cook a plain rice on stovetop a few hours earlier and spread it evenly on a plate to allow the moisture to evaporate. Don' forget to cook an extra steak and rice, and enjoy this.
Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers. These open-faced steak sandwiches play up the popular combo of steak and garlic bread. The salsa, sour cream and garnish elevate it into quick, satisfying meal. You can have Leftover Steak with Yellow Rice using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leftover Steak with Yellow Rice
- Prepare 1 package of yellow rice.
- It’s 1 cup of mixed veggies.
- You need 1 can of red beans.
- It’s of Shredded leftover steak, or you can use steak that’s been cut into small pieces, OR any leftover chicken that you have, cut, sliced, or shredded.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil. Once oil is shimmering, add mushrooms and zucchini. Each one calls for pre-cooked rice. If you keep opening your fridge to find that little container of rice staring at you, it's time to use it up before it goes bad.
Leftover Steak with Yellow Rice step by step
- Prepare rice according to directions……
- While rice is cooking mix in your 1 cup of mixed veggies, plus your can of red beans……
- About 10 minutes before rice is completely done cooking mix in your leftover steak (or chicken)……Stir well……
- Serve and enjoy 😉! Quick and very easy meal idea when you don’t know what else to cook ! 😁.
Repurposing leftovers helps you to save money and reduce food waste. First, learn how to properly reheat rice. Slow Cooker Pepper Steak and Rice Recipe. This amazingly delicious slow cooker pepper steak and rice is the perfect recipe for a busy stay at home mama like myself! I always like to plan out my family's dinner for the week.