Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas.
You can have Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas using 22 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas
- You need of Meat.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1/4 pound of smoked sausage.
- It’s 3 ounces of sliced bacon.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of pasta sauce I used Mids Italian sausage sauce.
- Prepare of Chalupa fried bread.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated onion powder.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter diced.
- You need 2-1/4 cup of self rising flour.
- It’s As needed of peanut oil to fry in.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- Prepare 2 of large avocados.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need 1 of large lemon.
- It’s To taste of shredded Parmesan cheese.
Chalupa-Joes or Sloppy Chalupas instructions
- Fry the bacon crisp, keep the drippings. Take casing off the sausage, and chop well. Crumble the bacon..
- Chop the onions. Fry them in the bacon drippings. Add the sausage and ground sirloin. Season with salt and minced garlic..
- Drain the meat mixture, then add the sauce and crumbled bacon. Turn down low stirring then cover. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes. Heat the oil for frying chalupas..
- Mix all the chalupa ingredients except the oil to fry in. Knead and form a ball..
- Separate the dough into equal sized balls. Roll out into disc..
- Fry 2 minutes on first side then about a minute on side 2..
- Move to a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Repeat till done..
- Slice the avocados squeeze the lemon over the avocado slices and salt. Add the cheese..
- Add some of the meat sauce to the chalupa and top with toppings..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.