Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup. Meatballs and Misua Soup is a delicious Filipino soup dish also known as Almondigas. Misua are thin, salted Chinese noodles made from wheat flour and cook quickly. This soup dish is simple to make, delicious and considered a Filipino comfort food specially during rainy days.
Some version adds patola or silk squash. You are free to add it if you like. On this recipe, I used lean ground beef but you can also use pork. You can have Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 15 pcs of frozen meatballs.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Prepare 1 of Beef boullion.
- It’s 4 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of misua.
- You need 1 cup of greens, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of malunggay flakes.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper,.
I also used rice wash and fried the meatballs first. Filipinos love to eat almondigas soup, especially on rainy seasons, since it is very simple, economical and easy to make. Cooking almondigas soup follows two main processes: firstly, forming the meatballs, and then making the broth with misua. Almondigas is an old Filipino soup recipe made from pork meatballs and misua.
Meatballs and Misua (Almondigas) Soup step by step
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute garlic and onions until fragrant..
- Add frozen meatballs and cook for 5 minutes. Add frozen veggies and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Add water and let boil. Add boullion cube..
- Add mushrooms and misua. Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Then greens and malunggay. Simmer for another 5 minutes and turn off heat. Serve hot..
I'm not sure where this recipe originates but the name of this recipe almondigas is similar to mexican meatballs called "albondigas". Since I first heard of this recipe I thought it has almonds in it but I'm mistaken. Almondigas is a hearty soup consisting of meatballs and misua. Misua are thin, salted Chinese noodles made from wheat flour that cook quickly. If misua is not available, it can be substituted with.