One Pan Mexican Quinoa. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir once in a while to make sure your Mexican quinoa is not burning or sticking to the bottom of the pan. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Just dump everything in the pan, let it cook, and enjoy! Pour vegetable broth into the saucepan. Stir black beans, tomatoes, quinoa, corn, and salt into the broth. You can cook One Pan Mexican Quinoa using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One Pan Mexican Quinoa
- You need of Produce & Spices.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juice from.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño, minced.
- You need 1 of avocado, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of cilantro leaves, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s of Foods.
- You need 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- It’s 1 can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 can of sweet corn, 15oz (drained and rinsed).
- Prepare 1 can of black beans, 15oz (drained and rinsed).
If they aren't convinced and there are enough leftovers, I'm adding ground beef with taco seasoning and melting the cheeses on top to bring a quinoa-version of this dish. In a medium saucepan, combine quinoa and water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add in black beans, corn, salt, and olive oil, and stir until combined. With the exception of a bell pepper (which you can add one, two, or none of), this easy recipe is made nearly entirely of pantry staples.
One Pan Mexican Quinoa instructions
- Mince the two garlic cloves and jalapeño. Mix dry spices in a bowl (1 tsp Chili, 0.5 tsp Cumin).
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat..
- Add minced garlic and jalapeño. Stir for one minute or until fragrant..
- Add broth (1cup), then quinoa (1cup), beans (drained), tomatoes, corn (drained), spices mix (salt and pepper to taste)..
- Boil. Cover. Reduce heat and let simmer until quinoa is cooked through (about 20 mins)..
- Stir in the diced avocado and cilantro, squeeze half a lime over each bowl..
- Serve immediately, leave salt and pepper out to taste..
One Pan Mexican Quinoa – Wonderfully light, healthy and nutritious. And it's so easy to make – even the quinoa is cooked right in the pan! This Mexican quinoa dish can be used as a substitute for rice in burritos, tacos, flautas, or as a side. Quinoa is a nutrition powerhouse with its high fiber and protein count. And additional ingredients such as peppers, garlic, cumin, and chili powder add spicy flavor and health benefits.