One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta. Learn How To Elevate Your Recipes For Any Celebration With Cholula Hot Sauce®. Great recipe for One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta. As I was searching the web for pasta recipes, I realized most of them called for cream cheese, an entire cup of fattening cream, and a lot of cheese.
Creamy Asparagus Pasta Recipe – A creamy, yet healthy veggie loaded protein-packed pasta with asparagus and peas, all tossed in a lightened-up cream sauce! CREAMY Asparagus Pasta that's good for you?! This is a one pot recipe, so everything cooks in one pot together. You can cook One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta
- It’s 1/2 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 8 of asparagus leaves, chopped.
- It’s of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need of ~ 1 1/2 cup organic chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of reduced 1% milk.
- You need 1 handful of spinach leaves.
- You need of ~2 cups Italian dry garofalo pasta (or any other variety).
- It’s 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (depending how thick you want your sauce to be).
- You need of optional: sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of optional: some cubed smoked ham or cooked sausage chunks.
- You need of optional: some diced bell pepper for more sweet tanginess to cut the richness, add in with the onions.
Yes, even the pasta cooks right in the sauce! Do not brown the flour, only stir it in and cook for a few seconds. It burns easily, which yields an inedible sauce. Make sure to stir from time to time while the pasta simmers, so you catch if it's stuck to the pan anywhere.
One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta step by step
- Heat up the oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan with the diced onions and asparagus.
- Toss in some garlic salt and sautee for around 3-5 minutes..
- Then add in the chicken stock and milk, it should be around 1.5 inches from the rim (so that it doesn't boil over)..
- Add in the dry pasta.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the mixtures starts to boil..
- Then, boil the mixture for around 10 minutes stirring every once in a while with a rubber spatula until the pasta is soft and al dente. (If you want to add ham or cooked meatballs or sausages, now is the time to do it).
- Add in the spinach and stir.
- Dissolve corn starch in around 1 tablespoon of water and add to the sauce/pasta..
- Stir until the sauce thickens a little (sauce will continue to thicken as it cools!) and remove from heat..
- Serve plain or sprinkle with some parmesan cheese (optional).
- If not salty enough, sprinkle some more garlic salt until desired taste..
One-Pot Parmesan Noodles with Asparagus is the easiest and creamiest one-pot pasta I have made. You only need one pot for the entire process of cooking for these parmesan noodles with asparagus. Serve as a side dish or eat as a main for a meatless dinner option. View Recipe: Creamy Asparagus and Pancetta Penne Fresh spears of asparagus, pancetta, and cremini mushrooms are tossed in a light white sauce. Lemon rind adds a welcomed extra punch of flavor..