Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce. There are many types of tofu product on market from soft tofu to firm tofu, from tofu skin to dried tofu etc. Surely, the cooking methods actually depend on the texture of the ingredients. For marinating, soft tofu is more fitful than firm tofu and for stir-frying and deep frying, firm tofu is better than soft tofu.
Mapo Tofu – the Japanese version of a classic Sichuan dish with a lot less oil but just as much flavour, made with readily available ingredients. Mun Tahu – Braised Tofu and Ground Chicken A bowl of silky tofu goodness. The star of mun tahu is definitely the tofu. You can have Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce
- It’s 120 g of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 pack of Tofu.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need of (Season beef).
- It’s 1 Tsp of Sake.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Water.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of &1/2 Tbs Starch.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Canola oil.
- Prepare of (Seasonings for sauce).
- You need 200 cc of Chicken&Pork broth.
- You need 1 Tbs of Cooking sake.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Soy sauce.
- You need 2/3 Tsp of Doubanjiang (Chilli bean sauce).
- It’s of (Flavouring oils).
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Chilli oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Canola oil.
Try to stick to silken variety if you can. It is now very easy to find tofu in my neighborhood groceries, though the grocery nearest to my house for some reason only stock extra firm variety. Add water (or broth), soy sauce and scallions. See great recipes for Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce too!
Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce instructions
- Cut a pack of silken tofu and prepare a teaspoon of grated garlic.
- Season ground beef and mix it lightly.
- Put some canola oil and Doubanjiang (Chilli bean sauce) into a pan (Strong heat). When the smell comes out add the beef, and when the meat changes colour add garlic..
- A moment later, put the all ingredients and Tofu then braise 2-3 min. Thicken the sauce with starch..
- Add 3 kinds oil for flavouring on top and wait 5 seconds with heating. It's not going to be greasy !!.
- This cooking video is 「Coozy Life Mapo tofu 」on my YouTube channel now ! Stay home but enjoy your cooking time guys !!.
Tofu (Japanese name for Bean Curd (Chinese name Dou Fo) is high in protein, inexpensive and blends very well with many foods. There are different variations of tofu from the cuisines of Korea, Japan and China. Plus each country has variations such as silken (very soft), soft, medium or firm tofu. I recommend using a medium or firm tofu and a Sichuan Spicy Noodle Sauce for this tasty dish. See great recipes for Mapo Tofu Braised silken tofu and ground beef with spicy sauce too! mapo tofu recipe, This spicy braise, garnished with mouth-numbing Sichuan peppercorns, is one of the region's most well-known dishes.