Mike's Spicy Asian Garlic Udon Noodles. Great recipe for Mike's Spicy Asian Garlic Udon Noodles. A deliciously indulgent midnight snack for two. If you enjoy spicy, sweet, salty and slightly bitter, chewy Asian noodles, you'll love this easy recipe!
Quick noodles are a staple at my house. And udon noodles are always a favourite! Place the cakes of udon noodles into a pot of boiling water. You can have Mike's Spicy Asian Garlic Udon Noodles using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Spicy Asian Garlic Udon Noodles
- Prepare of ● For The Noodles.
- Prepare 15 oz of Fresh Vietnamese Udon Noodles [hand separated].
- You need of ● For The Thai Garlic Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Garlic Olive Oil [more if needed].
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fine Minced Garlic [jarred].
- Prepare 3/4 Cube of Herbed Garlic Butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/8 Cup of Fresh Garlic Chives [diced].
- You need 1 tsp of Minced Lemongrass.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of Siriacha Garlic Chili Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oyster Sauce [or more to taste].
- It’s 1 tsp of Pureed Ginger [in bottle].
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dark or Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Quality Fish Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Thai Basil Leaves [homemade – bake – crush & jar].
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Thai Chilies [crushed].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
- You need of ● For The Sides & Garnishments.
- It’s of Quality Sake [preferred].
- It’s of Ice Cold Asian Beers [like Sapporo or Mirin].
- Prepare of Siriacha Garlic Chili Sauce.
- Prepare of Light Soy Sauce.
- It’s Leaves of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare of Toasted Sesame Seeds.
Use tongs to gently separate the noodles and as soon as they have come apart, transfer the noodles to a large bowl. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until just starting to char. Easy peasy Asian noodle stir-fry using pantry ingredients that you already have on hand. I am such a sucker for any kind of Asian noodles – hot, sticky, cold – you name it.
Mike's Spicy Asian Garlic Udon Noodles step by step
- Room temperature sealed Vietnamese Udon Noodles pictured. Gently separate all noodles by hand..
- Mix everything in the Garlic Noodle section well and bring to a simmer in a pan or Wok..
- Add your noodles to pan and simmer for 10 minutes gently lifting and blending everything together. Lift noodles up with chopsticks from pan bottom..
- Serve noodles piping hot alongside chilled Siriacha Garlic Chili Sauce, sesame seeds, soy sauce and ice cold Asian beers. Or, a quality Sake..
- Also, serve with fresh Thai Basil leaves, garlic chives and Thai Chilies. Cilantro leaves are great with this dish as well..
I will eat every single strand of noodle left on my plate, guaranteed. Great recipe for Mike's Spicy Thai Udon Noodles. I do love giving my students timed challenges. Especially ones with a limited amount of ingredients. Today's quarantine or lockdown recipe is about making the easiest GARLIC SHRIMP STIR FRY UDON NOODLES.