Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce. Easy Homemade Enchilada Sauce With a few pantry ingredients, you can quickly whip up a batch of homemade enchilada sauce! From Erica Kastner of Buttered Side Up. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us.
You can make it by using whole dried chilies, like we did in this red chili enchilada sauce or make it green, like we've done in this sauce with tomatillos as a base. With no cooking required, this sauce comes together in five minutes flat! Full of flavor, this tasty healthy Enchilada Sauce is. You can cook Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce
- You need 1/4 cup of butter or cooking oil of your choice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of RoTel or diced chilis (optional).
Also known as Tex Mex Chili Gravy. It's bold and flavorful and will give your enchiladas an authentic taste! If you don't have any enchilada sauce on hand or you're wanting to elevate your cooking this recipe is for you! Enchilada sauce recipe adapted from my spinach artichoke enchiladas.
Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce step by step
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Stir to combine well..
- Add spices to rue mixture and stir..
- Cook for about a minute or two to get rid of raw flour taste..
- Add beef broth and RoTel. whisk until smooth..
- Cook until thickened..
- I added a touch more broth because I like mine rather thin, adjust to your preference..
- I don't add salt, but if using in yours, use unsalted butter and low sodium broth and it wont be so salty..
Let it cool to room temperature before transferring to a wide-mouth mason jar, leaving some room at the top for expansion (don't screw on the lid completely until the mixture is fully. You can also use this sauce in just about any recipe that calls for enchilada sauce, such as vegetarian Mexican casserole recipe. This Mexican food recipe is both vegetarian and vegan. Use a gluten-free flour or cornstarch as a thickener if you need it to be gluten-free as well. Time to get saucy with this easy homemade enchilada sauce!