Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel. Great recipe for Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel. It's chicken piccata, that wonderful Italian-American classic, made low carb, low fat, and still delicious. And accompanied by delicious veggies, too!
See great recipes for Lauren's Lemon Chicken Piccata too! This recipe makes for a perfect clean eating weeknight meal. Beef picatta with brown rice and quinoa and a side salad. You can cook Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel using 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, for veggies.
- It’s 5 head of broccoli, reduced to florets and chunks.
- It’s 3 stick of fennel, chopped coarsely.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 4 large of chicken breasts.
- It’s 3 large of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt, for chicken.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground black pepper, for chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder, for chicken.
- It’s 2 large of lemons, just zest.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin, for chicken.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic, minced finely.
- You need 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 large of lemons, just juice.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of capers, optional.
- You need 1 of handful parsley, chopped, optional.
- You need 1 large of lemon, halved and sliced thin, optional.
Chicken Piccata is an easy family favourite recipe adding a garlic twist to an authentic Piccata! Golden, crispy chicken breasts lightly dredged in flour and parmesan cheese, pan fried until a soft golden crust forms and finished off in a buttery, silky, lemon garlic sauce with capers and white wine or stock! Chef John's quick and easy pan-fried chicken breasts are topped with a simple pan sauce made with capers, butter, white wine, and lemon juice.. salt, and black pepper; dredge lightly in flour and shake off any excess. Place chicken in the pan, reduce heat to medium, and cook until.
Chicken Piccata Done Light, with Lightly Fried Broccoli and Fennel instructions
- Heat a very large saucepan worth the tablespoon of oil, and heat on medium high..
- When up to temp, add the broccoli and fennel, carefully sprinkling and mixing in the salt, garlic powder, and pepper. The florets trap the seasonings, so you really can't be dumping the spices in, or certain florets will have all the spices..
- Stir in the spices, and let simmer a bit. You want to brown the veggies a little, and then stir and repeat..
- Slice the breasts down the middle, and then, using parallel cuts, cut three layers out of each half..
- In a separate bowl add the breasts, eggs, and chicken seasonings and zest, stir, and let marinate until all egg is incorporated..
- When the veggies are browned to your taste, and still a little crisp, remove the veggies from the pan, and warm on a dish in the oven at about 170°F..
- Add the additional oil to the former veggie pan and sear the marinated chicken on both sides until both sides have a nice egg-induced mottled brown-gold color, which should pretty much cook it through. Remove to a separate serving plate, and keep warm..
- Reduce heat to low, wait a moment, and when down to temp, toss in the garlic..
- When the garlic is in there a minute or so, deglaze with the wine, and stand back, then stir..
- Let the wine cook off for a couple minutes, and then add the chicken broth and lemon juice..
- Reduce the mixture to desired consistency, and add salt to taste..
- Plate 2 pieces of chicken next to the veggies, and spoon some broth over the top of the chicken..
- Garnish with parsley, capers, and lemon slices, if you like, and serve immediately. Thin strips of chicken will dry quickly..
- I would pack leftover chicken, if any, in the broth to keep it moist..
Dredge the chicken slices in the seasoned flour. Heat the oil and butter in a heavy frying pan, and add some of the chicken pieces to the pan, and cook in batches. Keep the chicken warm while you prepare the sauce. Season the chicken lightly with salt, and pepper, to taste. Put a chicken breast on top of the bacon.