SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS. Spicy Asian Pork Cabbage Rolls are a spicy, Asian-inspired twist on traditional cabbage rolls! Use turkey, chicken, beef or even tofu if you prefer! Wrap and steam the stuffed cabbage.
Arrange the cabbage rolls on a plate, seam side down. In a medium sized pan, heat canola and sesame oils. In a large bowl, combine pork, cooked rice, carrot, scallions, cilantro, red pepper flakes, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. You can have SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS
- It’s 1 head of Napa Cabbage.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of sauce.
- It’s 8 oz of tomato sauce or condescended tomato soup.
- It’s 3 tbsp of hoison sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce or Franks hot sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey or syrup.
- You need of filling.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- You need 1 medium of onion diced.
- It’s 2 stick of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/3 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1 lb of chicken, ground raw.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornstartch.
- Prepare 1/3 of aneheim pepper….. or 1 chili pepper.
These Asian cabbage rolls are a fun cross between pork fried rice and Chinese lettuce wraps. The filling of the rolls is made with cauliflower rice, ground pork (or chicken), shredded carrots, scallions and lots of fresh ginger. The mixture is cooked until tender, tossed in a delicious Asian sauce and then rolled into cabbage […] Healthy and Steamed. Steamed cabbage rolls are a healthier version of the more popular Chinese egg rolls.
SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS step by step
- REMOVE THE 12 OUTER LEAVES OF THE NAPA CABBAGE… cut up the REMAINDER of the medium head…. into strips and sprinkle salt on cabbage in a colander and set in the sink. let cabbage sit for 30 minutes..
- ***** DO NOT CUT UP THE 12 LEAVES REMOVED (added after review).
- spray a 3 qt casserole dish…. set aside and preheat oven to 400°.
- cut heavy vein so that leaf lays flat…
- immerse leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes until leaf is limp… allow to cool…
- rinse the cut up cabbage in the colander . . and allow to drain in sink…
- *** the second time I made these I used condensed tomato soup (just cheap) because I was out of sauce…. OMG ….VERY GOOD!!!!.
- mix all the items for filling in bowl EXCEPT THE CABBAGE IN THE COLANDER.
- sprinkle cornstarch … and mix by hand.
- RINSE THE SALT OFF THE CABBAGE IN COLANDER !!!!.
- after the cabbage has drained add to meat .. add 1/3 cup of sauce . reserve the remainder of sauce to cover rolls…. mix and mix by hand.
- use cabbage leaves and put 1/2 cup of filling in the cabbage.. roll and set in pan seam side down..
- **** roll mixture from tip of leaf to bottom of leaf….
- lay in casserole dish and cover with sauce…. casserole dish should hold 12 rolls… bake covered for 20 minutes…. uncover and cook 15 minutes more….
- **** they also freeze…. I make my rolls then wrap individually with clear wrap… I put them in a Ziploc bag…. so that I am able to pull out whenever…..
Egg rolls (sometimes called spring rolls) are wrapped in a very thin flour dough sheet, stuffed with pork, cabbage, and various ingredients, and deep-fried until incredibly crispy. There are several differences between the egg roll and the cabbage roll: Assemble the cabbage rolls. Lay a prepared cabbage leaf down with the stem end facing you. Fold in the sides and roll up the leaf, then place the bundle, seam side down, in one of the baking dishes. Re- peat with the rest of the cabbage leaves and meat mixture.