Hummus and pita bread. Pita bread is made by mixing premeasured amounts of flour, salt, water, and yeast. Once kneaded, the dough is fed through an extruder that forms the As a foodstuff, pita bread is subject to stringent government food processing regulations, including, but not limited to the percent of additives allowed. This homemade pita bread recipe is easy to make and requires a few ingredients you may already have on hand!
The Best Hummus With Pita Bread Recipes on Yummly Unleavened Pita Bread, Homemade Pita Bread, Pita Bread. Avocado Hummus with Homemade Baked Pita ChipsYummy Healthy Easy. pita breads, garlic, garbanzo beans, pepper, kosher salt. pita bread is a famous Lebanese flat bread sold all over the world and we show you the Indian style pita bread recipe. You can have Hummus and pita bread using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hummus and pita bread
- It’s of hummus.
- It’s 200 grams of chickpeas.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 100 ml of tahini.
- You need 1 of salt and black pepper to taste.
- It’s of pita bread.
- Prepare 300 ml of warm water.
- You need 500 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
A popular bread from Mediterranean cuisine, pita bread can be had as it is with Hummus or used to make tasty dishes like Falafel. Hummus, half a Gyro, pita bread and a small salad. Hummus is wonderful, not too garlicky. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into wedges.
Hummus and pita bread instructions
- Hummus. Just put all the ingredients in a food procesor and its done, if you dont have a food procesor you can use a blender too, just add all the liquids first and then the chickpeas..
- Mix the dried yeast into the warm water and set to one side.Put the flour into a bowl, add the salt then mix in the yeasty solution. Add the olive oil and knead it all together until it is smooth and firm. Leave it to rise for half an hour..
- Once it's risen, cut the dough into 8, shape into balls and roll out on both sides. You need your oven at the hottest it will go – 240°C/gas mark 9, or higher if you can.Put the pittas onto a preheated heavy metal baking tray or a baking stone and pit them into the hot oven until they blister up – it will be around 2 minutes. Any longer and they'll start to burn..
- Yo can serve this with fresh vegetables, meat, et cetera and enjoy!.
Is it worth making pita at home? Store-bought pita (like store-bought sandwich bread) is often several days old. I love hummus and pita bread and can't imagine not eating it without lots of feta cheese. For me it would be like eating lox on a bagel without cream cheese. Today we are showing you how to make the best hummus and pita bread at home.