Gluten free Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Our gluten free and keto cinnamon toast crunch just got a big makeover, making it much (muuuch!) crunchier. Are you up for a low carb breakfast treat? This super crunchy Keto cereal recipe fits the bill!
Lightly glazed popcorn, almonds and Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ cereal will be a hit with the whole family. Mix together Cinnamon Toast Crunch with your favorite dried fruit and pretzels for the ultimate travel snack! Everyone loves cinnamon toast crunch, we grew up on the spicy sweet squares! You can cook Gluten free Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten free Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of gluten free pastry flour.
- It’s 1/2 cups of gluten free flour.
- You need 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of + 1 tablespoon coconut or sub room temperature butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/8 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of honey.
- You need 1/2 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoons of cinnamon.
But the store bought version is loaded with sugar and funky ingredients, and doesn't make This homemade cereal tastes like cinnamon toast crunch except it's gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free and low carb! This homemade cereal recipe tastes just like Cinnamon Toast Crunch but is gluten, grain, dairy and refined-sugar free! We made our own CINNAMON TOAST CRUNCH GUYS. You know, those crunchety-crispy little squares that X-PLODE right up in yo' MOUF with spicy-sweet cinnamon.
Gluten free Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal instructions
- Line two baking sheets with a silpat or parchment papper..
- In the bowl of a food processor add the gluten free pastry flour, the gluten free flour, baking soda and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Pulse to combine. Then add in 1/3 cup coconut oil, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/8 cup sugar, vanilla and honey..
- Process until the gluten free dough looks like small peas and then add in the buttermilk and process until a gluten free dough ball forms. The gluten free dough will seem dry and crumbly, but this is fine. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F..
- Dump the gluten free dough out onto a lightly floured counter and pinch any crumbles of dough together with your hands. Divide the gluten free dough into two flat disks..
- Working with one piece of gluten free dough at a time place a piece of wax papper over the gluten free dough and roll the gluten free dough as thin as you can, no thicker than 1/4 inch thick, but preferably an 1/8 inch thick (about the thickeness of a quarter)..
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper. In a small bowl combine the 1/8 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon. In another bowl melt the remaining 1 tablespoon coconut oil in the microwave. Brush the entire sheet of gluten free dough with the melted coconut oil and then generously sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar..
- With a pastry cutter, pizza cutter or very sharp knife, even the edges of the rectangle. Slice into pieces, about 1/2 inch squares. Pierce each square carefully 2 or 3 with a fork. Use a very thin spatula and scrape the squares off the counter and then carefully use your hands to place the squares on the prepared baking sheets..
- Repeat with the remaining gluten free dough until all the gluten free dough has been used. Bake for 9 to 13 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container..
Just note that your cereal will be less airy (and therefore crunchy). Having said that, still much crunchier than our previous version! It's sugar-free, grain-free, gluten-free and just plain delicious. Giving up cereal can be a challenge for many people doing the keto diet. The good news is that with this low carb cinnamon toast cereal you can enjoy a bowl of cereal and not have to worry about the carbs.