Spicy Beef & Nian Gao. Tender steak sliced thin and coated in an amazing sweet and spicy Szechuan sauce! This one-pan beef dish is low carb and perfect for a quick and easy, filling family meal. If you've been looking to try beef Szechuan style, you're in for a treat!
Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic and some salt and pepper. Spicy Beef Stir-Fry with Pepper A super comforting and appetizing stir-fried beef dish with a sweet, savory flavor and a pungent aroma. Add beef and a pinch of salt; break up meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon then spread out in pan to create a single layer. You can cook Spicy Beef & Nian Gao using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Beef & Nian Gao
- It’s 1/2 lb of Shaved Steak.
- It’s Handful of Nian Gao.
- You need of Long Hot Peppers.
- You need of Sm. Onion.
- It’s 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 5 of Spice Powder.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Onion Salt.
- It’s of Black Pepper (or white if you have it).
- You need Splash of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Hot Chilli Oil.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- You need of Green Onion.
- Prepare of Cornstarch/Water Solution.
Cook, undisturbed, until bottom side is browned and crisp, about. In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, sugar, chili sauce, lime zest, lime juice and remaining salt until blended. The Best Hot Spicy Beef Chinese Recipes on Yummly Kudos on a really fabulous recipe!
Spicy Beef & Nian Gao step by step
- Get your veggies in order. (The asparagus was a side dish. Disregard that). Season your meat with the spices, a clove of garlic and a 2 count of chilli oil. Go easy on the 5 spice, it can be overwhelming. A couple shakes goes a long way..
- Bust out the Nian Gao and get some water boiling. Get a good handful and separate them so they’re not stuck together when boiling. You’re going to add that to the boiling water when you start stir frying your veggies..
- Get some canola oil in your pan and add in the garlic, onion and peppers. Heat the veggies with a little salt and pepper. Once they’re good and fragrant, which will be fast, add in the beef. Let that cook for a minute and add a touch of soy sauce. By now, the nian gao should be floating. Add it into your pan and mix well..
- Take a couple ladles of the nian gao water and add it into the stir fry. Mix. Add dissolved cornstarch and water to it and mix until the liquid has thickened..
- Top with green onions and a little chilli oil. Serve with rice and your choice of sides..
My kids all wanted seconds, only thing I'll change next time is to double up the recipe. Fans of quick and easy will love this asian-inspired stir-fry dish. Beef, bell pepper and rice get a dip in a spicy sauce and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat. Once hot, add the beef and cook until brown.