Prawn kasalka. Many of my viewers requested me to post more prawn recipes, since this blog had only one recipe using prawns. I made my prawn fry a year back and it came out pretty good. Now i made a masala style prawn recipe and it was yummy.
It is also known as prawn masala & pairs well with rice, roti or phulka. Indian cuisine is very diverse and most foods are made in their regional style with locally available ingredients. This prawn curry has always been a winner at home for its simplicity and delicious taste. You can cook Prawn kasalka using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn kasalka
- Prepare 25 of prawns (clean well).
- Prepare 20 of very spicy green chillies.
- Prepare 200 ml of curd.
- Prepare 2 inches of ginger.
- You need 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of small tomato finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard for seasoning.
- You need 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of poppy seeds.
- You need 6 tablespoon of grated coconut.
- Prepare as required of Curry and coriander leaves for garnish.
- Prepare 50 ml of cooking oil.
Prawn masala is simple yet delicious and, like many Indian dishes, it is packed with flavor. The recipe is quite easy and most of the ingredients are those great spices we expect in Indian cuisine, so don't let the list scare you off. Put the onion, ginger and garlic in a food processor and blitz to a smooth paste. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish or pan over a medium heat.
Prawn kasalka step by step
- Take a pan add green chilli and ginger, fry two minutes then add with coconut and poppy seeds and grind it in a mixer jar to a smooth paste finally add curd and grind slightly and keep aside.
- Take another pan add oil,seasoning it with mustard then add onion,tomato,prawn,turmeric powder and fry for five minutes..
- Add curry and coriander leaves and stir..
- Then add grind mixture to it and add required salt and allow it to boil.
- Once started boiling keep it in a sim manner for 15 minutes and close the lid too.
- After 15 minutes it cooked well and we get a nice aroma,then transfer it to bowl.
- Our delicious spicy prawn kasalka is ready to serve..
Spicy shrimp recipe is perfect to serve with rice or naan. Prawn curry or prawns curry here in this post is a gravy based masala prawn curry made using shrimp in south indian style. A video is also posted for prawns curry below and please leave your feedback below for any queries on this recipe. All Reviews for Shrimp Tikka Masala – of Reviews. Reviews: Most Helpful Make the masala by mixing the spices.