Cantonese Style Noodle with Prawn Soup Base. Great recipe for Cantonese Style Noodle with Prawn Soup Base. This is improved taste of my fried yee mee noodle in Cantonese style now using prawn soup base to make the gravy. Using prawn as stock soup base enhanced the umami taste of the noodle.
Add in meat and fish cake. Clemence Hoe – Asian Home Cuisine. Using prawn as stock soup base enhanced the umami taste of the noodle. You can cook Cantonese Style Noodle with Prawn Soup Base using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cantonese Style Noodle with Prawn Soup Base
- It’s of Noodle or Yee Mee.
- It’s of Soup Base.
- It’s Head of and shells of medium sized prawns.
- Prepare 2 of sliced ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 bowls of water.
- You need of Ingredients.
- Prepare of Meat.
- Prepare of Sliced fish cake.
- Prepare of Medium sized prawns.
- You need of Green leafy vegetables.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of sliced ginger.
- Prepare of Chopped garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine.
Using prawn as stock soup base enhanced the umami taste of the noodle. Great recipe for Fresh Water Prawn Noodle. Very delicious Cantonese fried noodles usually found in hawker stalls. We call it Sang Har Mee because for its enormous big prawn or some use more expensive fresh water prawns.
Cantonese Style Noodle with Prawn Soup Base step by step
- Stir fry head and shells of medium sized prawns with 1 tbsp oil till aromat. Add 4 bowls of water, salt and ginger to boil the fried prawns shells and oil. Lower heat and let it simmer for 40 minutes..
- Stir fry ginger and garlic till aromat. Add in meat and fish cake. Stir fry till meat is well cooked and add in the soup base. Add in green vegetables. Add in soy sauce and Shaoxing wine. Place noodle and prawns on the soup with other ingredients in it..
- Simmer the wok with all the ingredients for 3 minutes. Add in cornstarch solution and add in 2 eggs and stir the eggs till evenly coated the noodles. Garnish and serve..
It is the prawns that gives the noodle its uniqness. Great recipe for Cantonese Style Yee Mee with Prawns. Cantonese style noodle means the white color gravy is cooked with stock soup and egg whites. It can be cooked with kuey teow, bee hoon or wanton noodles. Not much seasoning is required for the egg noodle, soup and soy sauce will bring out its.