Gluten free Popeye's style chicken tenders.
You can cook Gluten free Popeye's style chicken tenders using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gluten free Popeye's style chicken tenders
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 12 2-ounce chicken tenders.
- Prepare 4 cups of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Louisiana style hot sauce.
- It’s 3 cups (13 1/2 ounces) of self-rising gluten free flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup (21/4 ounces) of potato starch.
- You need 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) of sea salt plus more for seasoning.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons (1 ounce) of paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon (.176 ounces) of baking soda.
- You need 2 tablespoons (1 ounces) of onion soup base, ground in spice grinder until fine.
- You need 7 teaspoons (1 ounce) of Italian Herb Spaghetti sauce seasoning mix.
- It’s of Canola oil for the frying.
Gluten free Popeye's style chicken tenders instructions
- Brine the chicken: In a large, nonreactive bowl or Ziploc bag combine the chicken, buttermilk, and hot sauce; cover and refrigerate overnight..
- Bread the chicken: Sift all breading ingredients 3 times through a gluten free flour tamis (see Note) or very fine mesh strainer into a large bowl, discarding any lumps. Working in batches, remove 4 or 5 tenders at a time from the buttermilk marinade and toss in the breading, coating well. Transfer to a baking sheet and let rest until the breading adheres, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Fry the chicken: While the chicken rests, add 2 inches of oil to a large (at least 6-quart) pot and heat to 300°F. Working in batches, fry 4 to 5 tenders at a time until brown and crisp, 5 minutes per batch. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Once all the chicken is fried, season lightly with salt and serve immediately..