Vegan Potato Rolls. I have had SO many comments on my Vegan Biscuits and my Pull-Apart Rolls that I thought I'd add another option today…. Unsweetened Almond Milk, Mashed Potatoes, Bread Flour, Yeast, and Salt make up the majority of the ingredients. My rolls were a great disappointment.
These are wonderful for gatherings, served with dinner, maybe a little jam on top, anyway you desire. Great to dip in soup or use as little sliders. Some of the best I've made! You can cook Vegan Potato Rolls using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Potato Rolls
- It’s of For the "Buttermilk".
- You need 1 tb of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of soymilk.
- It’s of For the Dough.
- You need 350 gr of whole wheat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill).
- It’s 350 gr of unbleached white flour.
- Prepare 1 of medium cooked potato, mashed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tb of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coconut sugar.
My only warning is they're so hard to stop eating, enjoy! Fold the short side of the dough over and roll tightly until you have a log. These vegan sweet potato cinnamon rolls are soft, fluffy and sweet, absolutely perfect for a more indulgent breakfast, or a delicious treat! Ok, here's a little bit about my week, it's been a technological nightmare!
Vegan Potato Rolls instructions
- Mix the vinegar and the soy milk, let it stand for 5 minutes..
- Mash or grate the cooked potato..
- Combine the flour and mashed potato in the bowl of a stand mixer. Make well in the middle, mix the yeast, the sugar with a little flour and pour 1/2 cup of water over it. Let it stand for couple of minutes..
- Turn the mixer on, slowly ad the salt and remaining water. Beat it until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball. Cover it and rest it for 1 hour..
- Turn dough back onto the table, cut into 16 pieces.
- Shape the rolls.
- Place them onto prepared baking sheet. Let rise for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375F and bake them in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25-30 minutes..
Adding sweet potato to the dough will give your cinnamon rolls that orange glow, plus it's also acting as an egg replacement, ensuring your dough will have that soft and smooth texture. Sweet potatoes are roasted up with maple syrup and sesame oil, rolled in rice coated nori sheets and sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds to make these flavorful sweet potato sushi rolls. I think I discovered the trick to sushi rolling! This Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls recipe creates decadent, cinnamon-infused rolls, slathered with a yummy almond butter icing. This vegan sweet potato cinnamon roll recipe delivers step-by-step instructions with photos to make this classic cinnamon bun.