German Potato Salad Batch 2. This is a Classic German Potato Salad! Thick-sliced potatoes tossed with bacon, onions, herbs, and mustardy vinaigrette. Serve it hot, warm, or cool at your next backyard Some recipes for German potato salad use butter or oil, but I find that the bacon provides plenty of richness all on its own.
I just might make them for this weekend. Pour bacon & grease over the potatoes. Stir thoroughly & serve at room temperature. You can have German Potato Salad Batch 2 using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad Batch 2
- Prepare of For the boil.
- It’s As needed of water to boil potatoes in.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 pound of new potatoes.
- Prepare of Bacon.
- You need 4 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of ground Chicerones.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- Prepare of Deglaze and Spices.
- You need 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s To taste of ground white pepper.
MRS THEODORE (GLORIA) DOEDERLEIN From the , Fort Bliss Officers Wives Club, Ft. I'm not too big on the latter, but I have to hand it to the Germans with how they serve their potatoes, especially in potato salad. I remember lots of potatoes garnished with parsley, usually tossed in a light vinegar dressing, sometimes onions, and always blessedly mayo-free. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and vinegar dressing.
German Potato Salad Batch 2 instructions
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 6-8 pieces each. Cover with water and add the teaspoon of salt. Boil till fork tender. Reserve some of the water..
- Fry the bacon till crispy. Remove from pan. Chop, and set aside..
- Dice the onion and sauté in the bacon drippings until translucent..
- Add the sugar, vinegar, potatoes and a bit of water, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the Chicerones..
- Stir well till the Chicerones are incorporated in. Add the bacon coating all the bacon. Pour the dressing over the potatoes..
- Add a little potato water if too dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
If you were to look up German Potato Salad you would get tons of different versions. Some are made hot with a bacon dressing, some are steeped in chicken or beef broth for flavor. German Potato SaladThis German Potato Salad is tangy, smoky, and sweet. my idea of the perfect kind of salad! From Brenda Score of A Farmgirl's You may need to do this in two or three batches. Transfer cooked bacon to a plate lined with paper towels.