Chicken Pesto Pasta. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Pasta Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Easy and delicious bowtie pasta with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto sauce. Using homemade pesto will taste even better, but it adds to prep time.
Its fresh flavor is the highlight of this super-fast pasta dish, packed with cherry tomatoes and chicken. Prepared pesto mainly consists of basil, olive oil, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese. Which means, pesto is pretty high in calories and fat. You can have Chicken Pesto Pasta using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pesto Pasta
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of flour.
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 of Pk. Mushrooms.
- Prepare of Cherry Tomatoes.
- Prepare A Few of Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s of “Italian Seasoning”.
- Prepare of Oregano.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare of Basil.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Chilli Flakes.
- It’s of Parmesan Cheese.
To lighten up this dish, cut back on the pesto and add some of the starchy pasta cooking water. Watch the step by step recipe video for Chicken Pesto Pasta below. Return the pan to the heat and stir in the pesto. Once cooked, drain the pasta well and add it to the pan.
Chicken Pesto Pasta instructions
- Put the eggs and flour along with a healthy pinch of salt into the food processor. (No Processor, you can do it by hand)..
- Let the dough rest for about 40 minutes. Prep your chicken in the meantime. Cube it and put it in a bag or bowl. Season it well..
- Chop up your veggies, season, and get them sautéing in a little bit of butter. Add in the chicken and lastly the tomatoes, so they don’t disintegrate..
- Make pesto in the processor. (I dehydrated chilis, you can omit that). Get the basil in, some salt and pepper, Parmesan cheese, and a few Glugs of olive oil. Keep that olive oil on standby. Add more until you get the desired consistency..
- Go back to the dough and divide it up for the pasta machine. Or, roll it out and cut it if you don’t have one..
- Toss pasta in the pesto, top with meat and vegetables and a sprinkle of cheese..
Mix well so the sauce coats the pasta. This creamy chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy weeknight meals that tastes amazing yet doesn't take a ton of time to pull together. It's made with a store-bought pesto, cream, and parmesan cheese which makes it so quick and flavorful! I'm such a sucker for creamy pasta dishes so this chicken and pesto pasta is one of those easy recipes that I make all the time! Sprinkle on the cheese and basil, spoon in the rest of the pasta, then add more cheese on top.