Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven. Turn chicken bone-side down and add garlic, rosemary, potatoes ,bell peppers and onion pieces. Sprinkle any left over salt and pepper. A Dutch oven is just the right size and shape to cook a whole chicken.
The trick to making perfect roast chicken: cook it in a Dutch oven. The Perks of Dutch Oven Chicken. A true one-pan meal, a Dutch oven roast allows cooks to prep the vegetables alongside the chicken, ensuring that both are super flavorful. You can cook Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven
- Prepare 2 of Chicken Breasts and wing (attatched), Bone in and skin on. Cut a few 1/2" deep slits in chicken breasts.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Chilli Powder.
- It’s 10-12 cloves of Garli.
- You need 4-5 of Rosemary Sprigs.
- Prepare 4 of medium Red Potatoes (small cut in half).
- You need 1 of Red Bell Pepper cut in Large slices (leave seeds in).
- Prepare 1 of Large Red Onion (cut in quarter size pieces).
Cooks know that the best chicken recipes strike this balance. This Dutch oven roasting trick was something I picked up while working on a cookbook a few years ago. In his book, EverydayCook, Alton Brown roasts a whole turkey inside a Dutch oven, which cuts down on the roasting time and keeps the turkey from drying out. While you'll need a specific Dutch oven for a Thanksgiving bird, an everyday Dutch oven can turn chicken into an inspired all-in-one.
Roast Chicken – on Stove top in a Dutch Oven step by step
- Mix salt, black and chilli pepper. Rub in generously all over the chicken and rub in slits..
- Heat your pot on medium high on stove top and brown chicken for 5 minutes on top side. Turn chicken bone-side down and add garlic, rosemary, potatoes ,bell peppers and onion pieces. Sprinkle any left over salt and pepper..
- Cover and cook 35 mins on Medium heat. Check periodically to make sure chicken is not burning. When chicken is done, turn heat off and keep chicken on stove top. Serve when ready..
If chicken is burning: you should cook the chicken uncovered in the dutch oven, but if it starts to burn on top and the internal temperature is not high enough yet, you can place the lid on ajar to avoid direct heat and prevent further burning. Or, you can tent it with foil on top. Fill the pot with enough water to cover the roast. Add the onion, garlic, celery, basil, salt and pepper. How to roast a chicken in a Dutch oven.