3 pepper Tamale Pie. Reduce heat to low and stir in cornmeal, a little at a time, stirring vigorously with each addition until smooth and thickened. You can make the tamale pie in an oven-proof dish and freeze for later (DO NOT BAKE FIRST). Perfect Tamale Pie Recipe – Our spicy tamale pie feeds a crowd with big flavors, and is much easier to make than traditional tamales.
In a large bowl, whisk together corn muffin mix, egg, sour cream, and creamed corn. Add the onions, green pepper and garlic; cook until onions are golden. Add tomatoes, corn,olives, salt and pepper, and chili powder; stir and add corn meal. You can have 3 pepper Tamale Pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 3 pepper Tamale Pie
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground sirloin.
- You need 1 half of large onion chopped.
- You need 2 of poblano peppers chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalepeno chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chipotle powder.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can enchilada sauce (hot).
- It’s 3 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 (16 oz) of can mexicorn.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of Mexican blend shredded cheese.
First, make a quick chili of beef, black beans, corn, green pepper and onion seasoned with chile power and cumin. Spread that in a baking dish, top with a simple cornbread batter and pop it into the oven. In about a half hour: tamale pie. Serve with hot sauce, a dollop of sour cream and a few slices of avocado.
3 pepper Tamale Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350• F.
- Sauté onions with butter in high rimmed pan until translucent, then add poblanos and continue for about 3 minutes..
- Add beef 🥩 to pan and brown, stirring in salt, oregano, and chipotle powder..
- When browned, add enchilada sauce, reduce to medium/low heat, and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Make one box of cornbread using 1 egg and 1/3 cup milk 🥛 grease a large glass baking dish and spread batter along the bottom..
- Drain corn 🌽 and layer atop corn bread, spread beef over corn..
- Make remaining 2 corn bread boxes using 2 eggs and 2/3 cups milk, add jalepeno and 1 cup cheese to this mix, spread atop beef..
- Bake at 350• for 40 minutes.
- Spread 1/3 cup cheese 🧀 on top, bake for another 10 minutes..
- DONESKIES! Take a snapshot & let us know if you did anything differently!.
Cheddar cheese is sprinkled over the top during the last five minutes. Slowly add cornmeal mixture; stirring constantly to make sure it does not lump. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Tamale pie is a holdover from America's first flush of romance with Mexican cuisine. The love affair hasn't let up — not with the lure of cornbread, cheese, and chili, even when made with turkey.