Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji). However, unlike Chinese egg drop soup, egg is not dropped into the soup to make these versions. Tofu and tofu products such as yuba (dried tofu skin) and aburaage (thin fried tofu) are also very Keyword: scrambled eggs, tamago toji, tamagotoji. Egg Tofu is Japanese steamed tofu made of eggs and dashi mixture that is steamed till firm, chilled, then served with a dashi and soy sauce broth.
Since it's approaching winter in Minnesota, I have been cooking lots of comfort food, like soup and stew to ward of the cold. And if you need something hot and delicious and super quick to prepare, then you will be glad to have this smashed tofu egg drop soup in your arsenal. Soak in boiling water for a few minutes and remove the skin if desired. You can cook Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji)
- You need 200 g of tofu (cut into bite sized pieces).
- You need 1/2 of onion (cut into 7mm slices).
- Prepare of Sauce:.
- It’s of * 1 tbsp soy souce.
- Prepare of * 1 tbsp sake.
- It’s of * 1 tbsp mirin.
- You need of * 1 tbsp sugar.
- You need of * 50ml dashi.
- It’s 2 of beaten eggs.
- It’s of potato starch.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 bunch of mizuna (potherb mustard) for topping.
Cut into smaller pieces and remove the seeds. Growing up, my family had a tradition of eating lunch at our local little Chinese restaurant every single Saturday. Egg drop soups are always easy and quick to prepare. When I am in a hurry of preparing a dinner or my family do not need too much meat or fat, I will I have post recipe introducing tomato rib soup.
Egg-Drop Soup with Tofu (Tamagotoji) step by step
- Dust the tofu with potato starch, shake off excess. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, put tofu in it and fry until crisp over medium heat. Add onion and stir fry until cooked..
- Pour in the sauce (*) and cook for 2~3 mins over medium heat..
- Pour in the beaten egg and mizuna and cook with a lid. To finish it off, pour sesame oil from the edge of the pan to inside of it. Turn off the heat when becomes desired hardness of the eggs. (adjust the hardness of the egg with the remaining heat).
The recipe today calls for fresh tofu, egg and tomatoes. Those ingredients not only create a slightly sweet. Eggless Egg drop soup with Jackfruit and Tofu. Anywho, one of the soups that kept me satiated was egg drop soup. Vegan versions of the soup work out well with chopped up tofu, but the texture is not entirely there.