Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version).
You can cook Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version) using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version)
- It’s of (2) Lbs steak meat, cubed.
- It’s of (3) Tbsp oil.
- You need of (1) Can diced green chillies.
- It’s of (1) Anaheim pepper, diced.
- It’s of (1) Can black beans.
- You need of (2) Garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s of (1 1/2) Tsp onion powder.
- Prepare of (3) Tbsp Adobo sauce.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp cummin.
- Prepare of (1) Tsp salt.
- It’s of (4) Burrito sized tortillas.
- You need of (2) Cup grated cheese.
- Prepare of (2) 10 oz Cans enchilada sauce.
- Prepare of (1/3) Cup water.
Chili Colorado Smothered Burritos (Red Sauce Version) step by step
- In a large skillet heat oil. Fry cubed steak until brown and cooked..
- Add green chillies, Anaheim pepper, Garlic, onion powder, Adobo sauce, cummin, Salt, enchilada sauce and the water..
- Lower heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes..
- Lightly oil large baking dish..
- Remove 1 cup of the sauce and set aside..
- Warm the tortillas, set aside..
- Cover bottom of the baking dish lightly with about 4 Tbsp of the sauce mixture..
- Assemble the 4 Burritos in baking dish. 1/4 of the steak mixture in each burrito along with 1/4 can black beans, 1/4 Cup of the cheese. Once assembled spread remaining sauce over the top of the Burritos and garnish with the remaining cheese..
- In a 375 degrees Fahrenheit pre heated oven, bake burritos for 25 minutes..
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes..
- Serve hot with sour cream or your favorite garnishment and Enjoy!.