You can cook Cinnamon Rolls using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls
- You need of Rolls.
- You need 2 of and 3/4 cups (345g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled).
- You need 1/4 cup (50 g) of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 of and 1/4 teaspoons Red Star Platinum Yeast or any instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup (120 ml) of whole milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup (60 ml) of water.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s of Filling.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons (45 g) of unsalted butter, softened to room temperatur.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup (50 g) of granulated sugar or packed light or dark brown sug.
- It’s of Icing.
- It’s 1 cup (120 g) of confectioners’ sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of –3 Tablespoons (30-45ml) strong brewed coffee or milk.
Cinnamon Rolls instructions
- Make the dough: Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together in a large bowl. Set aside..
- Combine the milk, water, and butter together in a heatproof bowl. Microwave or use the stove and heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to touch (about 110°F). Pour into the dry ingredients, add the egg, and stir until it forms a soft dough or use your mixer..
- On a lightly floured surface using floured hands, knead the dough for 3 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl (I use non-stick spray), cover loosely, and let rest for about 10 minutes..
- Fill the rolls: After 10 minutes, roll the dough out in a 14×8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 10-12 even rolls and arrange in a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan or pie dish..
- Rise: Tightly cover the rolls with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free environment for 60-90 minutes. See blog post above for my trick to this step!.
- Bake the rolls: After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake for 25-28 minutes until lightly browned. If you notice the tops are getting too brown too quickly, loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and continue baking..
- Make the icing: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and coffee/milk together. Drizzle or spread over warm rolls..
- Cover leftover frosted or unfrosted rolls tightly and store for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the refrigerator..