Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free). Sticky Ginger Sesame Tofu & Veggie stir fry with vermicelli or maifun noodles. Use chickpeas or more veggies to make Tofu-free Make the rice: Add the wild rice and vegetable broth to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, uncovered, over high heat.
Cut tofu into squares or triangles and spread marinade on. Careful, tofu is a bit delicate! This baked tofu recipe is quite versatile. You can cook Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free) using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free)
- You need 7 oz. (1/2 pack) of Firm Tofu.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Corn Starch.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp. of Cooking Sake.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Mirin (sweet cooking rice wine).
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of White Sesame Seeds.
- It’s of Some Chopped Green Onion (to taste).
If you don't feel like a rice dish, you could serve it over noodles. You could also add it to an Asian soup recipe, make tacos with an Asian flare, wrap it up in a tortilla with some coleslaw for an easy lunch, make spring roll appetizers, add it to a salad – the possibilities are endless. Great recipe for Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free). This sesame tofu recipe is perfect!
Easy Sesame Tofu (Vegan/Gluten-free) step by step
- Wash ½ pack (7 oz) of firm tofu under running water and place on several paper towels. Wrap the tofu with the paper towels and place on a plate..
- Put another plate on the tofu. Place some bottles of water as a weight on top and let sit for 30 minutes. (If the tofu is not dried well, the oil will splash a lot during cooking).
- Cut the tofu into small cubes. Dredge in the ¼ cup of corn starch and tap off excess..
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of sesame oil in a pan and cook the tofu on all sides over medium heat until nicely browned and crisp; about 7 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to low. Add 2 Tbsp. of cooking Sake, 1 Tbsp. of sugar, 2 Tbsp. of soy sauce and 1 Tbsp. of Mirin to the pan..
- Stir for about 2 minutes. Halfway through, add 1 Tbsp. of white sesame seeds..
It is not too sweet and not too greasy. This Sesame Tofu is super easy to make and just as delicious as the restaurant version! A great quick plant-based dinner for the whole family to enjoy! Why you'll love this Sesame Tofu: it's salty-sweet and tangy; it's full of flavour ; it's tender on the inside and crispy on the outside; it's naturally vegan and gluten-free; it's refined sugar free Crispy sesame tofu with a creamy homemade tahini-peanut sauce, served with rice and roasted broccoli. This recipe is easy & quick to make, vegan, gluten-free and very delicious!