Stove top Chili. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Add a crisp green salad or a cold fruit salad and some hot cornbread or homemade cheese crackers for a complete meal.; Chili is ideal when served with a variety of toppings, such as sour cream, salsa, shredded Cheddar, Parmesan, or Monterey Jack cheeses, and sliced olives, scallions, and avocado. Easy Stove Top Chili Serve it up with cornbread and your favorite toppings for the ultimate cold weather comfort food!
Definitely an award-winning chili on my score card. The best part about this chili recipe is that you can adapt it based on your preferences. If you don't want beans, skip them. You can have Stove top Chili using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stove top Chili
- Prepare 1 lb of ground meat (turkey or beef).
- It’s 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 1 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 oz), undrained.
- Prepare 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 can of beans (15 oz each), kidney, pinto, etc.
If you want a chunkier chili, reduce the broth amount. Lower in fat than most red meat dishes and with a high fiber content thanks to the beans, this chili is a hearty meal that you can enjoy any night of the week. More chili recipes you might enjoy are Jalapeno Popper Chicken Chili, Turkey Chili Taco Soup, and Chicken Taco Chili. Mama T's Crock Pot or Stove Top Chili.
Stove top Chili step by step
- Cook meat and onion over medium heat for 8 minutes..
- Add garlic and cook an additional 1 minute..
- Stir in everything else except the beans..
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally..
- Drain beans and stir into the pot. Simmer, uncovered, for another 10 minutes..
Recipe by Mama T of Two. Serve with cheese, crackers, and any other toppings you would like. Did you make this easy stovetop chili recipe? Share with us your pictures and thoughts! The Best Chili Recipe is one that is loaded with beef and beans and absolutely full of flavor… just like this one!