Healthy Bruschetta. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil. In a large bowl, mix the onions, tomatoes, garlic and basil, taking care not to mash or break up the tomatoes too much.
This is an entree, not an appetizer. I've included no bread and no cheese. It's just not necessary with so many other big flavors. You can cook Healthy Bruschetta using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy Bruschetta
- Prepare 4 slice of garlic french baguette.
- Prepare 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of fresh coriander.
- You need 75 grams of cottage cheese.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 of lemon.
- Prepare as required of Butter.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Recipe by sofie-a-toast I went through a major bruschetta phase and tried many many recipes until I found the perfect one. This was originally Guy Fieri's but is slightly adapted to my taste after making it about a billion times. Ah bruschetta, one of the best ways to enjoy the bounty of summer. Pronounced "brusketta", this classic Italian appetizer is a perfect way to capture the flavors of garden ripened tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and olive oil.
Healthy Bruschetta step by step
- Finely chop tomatoes,onions and fresh coriander. Keep aside.
- Crumble cottage cheese and keep aside..
- Butter the slices from baguette and grill on a grill pan.
- Grill well on both sides.
- Remove on a plate.
- Now add the chopped onions,deseeded chopped tomatoes and chopped fresh coriander to a bowl..
- Squeeze in lemon. Sprinkle salt and pepper..
- Mix well. Add the cottage cheese.
- Now give a final mix. Already looks appetising.
- Now spoon on the mixture over the grilled slices. Garnish with coriander..
Think of it as summer on toast! In a large bowl, combine oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Bruschetta is the perfect appetizer for summer parties. In fact, I only make bruschetta during the summertime, since ripe tomatoes are the number one key to making great bruschetta. At its best, bruschetta is light and crisp, covered in deep red tomatoes and full of fresh flavor.