Chicken Fajita Rice. Chicken, rice, cheese, peppers, guacamole, and sour cream make this chicken recipe a winner! As if I needed a reason to celebrate. This Chicken Fajita Rice Skillet is filled with peppers, onions, tender rice and perfectly seasoned chicken.
This Chicken Fajita Fried Rice is the perfect recipe for your take out dinner at home! This fried rice recipe is so good, it's better than the restaurant version! If you love fried rice as much as we do, try our classic Chicken Fried Rice, and even this low carb Cauliflower Fried Rice! You can cook Chicken Fajita Rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajita Rice
- It’s 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, divided.
- It’s 2 of bell peppers (any color), diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 can (4 oz.) of diced green chilis.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- You need 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese.
This Fajita Chicken and Rice Casserole has become one of my favorite recipes. With cooked chicken and rice you just mix the rest of the ingredients and then bake. You all know by now how much I love a good casserole. In a medium bowl, combine spices to make fajita seasoning, or use store-bought.
Chicken Fajita Rice step by step
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat 2 tbsp of the butter. Once it's melted, add in the peppers and onion with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they're softened…about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic and the additional tbsp of butter and cook another minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Turn the heat up to med-high and stir in the rice and seasonings. Let the rice toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Then stir in the diced green chiles, broth, lime juice and sour cream until it's all integrated. Place the lid on and let it come to a low boil. Once at a boil, lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese across the top. Place the lid back on and let the cheese melt, then serve..
Cook chicken breast over medium heat until mostly done, remove from heat and allow to cool until it can be comfortably handled. Add chicken and onion back to pan. This chicken fajita rice is super easy to prepare. Cook the rice in chicken or vegetable broth with a pinch of saffron, salt, and pepper. In a separate skillet or dutch oven sauté chicken and bell peppers with some fajita seasonings.