Stuff grape leaves with meat and rice. Tips Individual servings of dolmathakia are four to five pieces on small plates as an appetizer; however, they can also be eaten as a side or main dish (especially when larger leaves are used). Rinse well in cold water to wash away any brine. Use imperfect leaves for layering evenly in the bottom of the skillet.
Then, once stuffed, the grape leaves are cooked in a tasty lemony broth. Stack stuffed grape leaves in a circular fashion in the pot. A step by step guide on making my mom's Turkish stuffed grape leaves recipe. You can have Stuff grape leaves with meat and rice using 35 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuff grape leaves with meat and rice
- It’s of meat.
- Prepare 1 2/3 lb of ground meat.
- It’s 1 lb of pan sausage I used Odoms Tennessee Pride mild.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- You need 1 large of onion chopped.
- Prepare of rice.
- It’s 1 2/3 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 5 cup of water.
- Prepare of grape leaves.
- You need 32 oz of wet one pound dry grape leaves.
- It’s 4 quart of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of spices.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rosemary oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of saffron threads.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of marjoram.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dillweed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Hungarian paprika.
- You need of sauce.
- You need 29 oz of tomato sauce.
- You need 29 oz of tomato puree.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of sweet basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole leaf oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s of garnish optional.
- Prepare of crushed red pepper flakes.
Simply filled with rice, ground beef and layered with fresh lemon. I grew up eating stuffed grape leaves. They are an acquired taste being that the grape leaves sit in brine and stuffed in jars. Grey Goose Gourmet Recommended for you Mix the lamb, onions, rice, pine nuts, salt, pepper, and mint into a bowl until evenly combined.
Stuff grape leaves with meat and rice step by step
- Drain and rinse your grape leaves add to the pot of water with vinegar, sugar salt, boil 20 minutes then add baking soda it will bubble up stir well cover remove from heat..
- Cook your sausage add chopped onion ground meat and butter stir well.
- After the meat is browned add spices crush the bay leaves up before adding.
- After spices are in and stirred in well add the rice and water stir in well cover let simmer till water craters form stir once cover amd let sit 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- While that is sitting make your sauce to a pot add sauce amd puree add salt, sugar, oregano, basil, and garlic. Stir bring up to simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally after 15 minutes cover remove from heat..
- Take two leaves put 1 and a half tablespoons of meat rice filling in center fold sides over to middle then roll from bottom to top keeping sides in repeat 47 times.
- When all are rolled and on pan add sauce on top bake in oven 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish if you like.
Gently open up a grape leaf, and place rib-side down onto your work surface. There are so many different types. Grape leaves can be served cold or hot; stuffed with meat, rice, and/or vegetables and are native in countries Greece to Iraq and every other country in between. Each of which has their own version of stuffed grape leaves. Tangy, tender grape leaves wrapped around aromatic rice and cooked to perfection.