Lu Rou Fan (滷肉飯, Taiwanese Braised meat rice bowl). Heat the oil in a wok over low heat, and add the sugar. Cook the sugar until it starts to melt and then add the onions. The rice was nice and sticky, and the braised minced pork on top was extremely soft and tender, with a mix of both meat and fat on top.
While the flavor of this dish may vary from one region to the other, the. Joanne has recorded a how to make Braised pork on rice (Lu Rou Fan) 滷肉飯 cooking video so you can see and follow the timings, chopping sizes, and method step by step, as she prepares this delicious Taiwanese traditional food. This is a satisfying and simple dish which is definitely Taiwanese, another Taiwanese signature flavour. You can cook Lu Rou Fan (滷肉飯, Taiwanese Braised meat rice bowl) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lu Rou Fan (滷肉飯, Taiwanese Braised meat rice bowl)
- You need 400 g of … Pork Belly.
- Prepare 200 g of … Boiled Bamboo Shoots.
- You need 50 g of … Fried onions(or fried shallot).
- Prepare 3 of … Boiled Egg.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 500 of cc… Water after boiled a pork.
- You need 3 1/2 Tbsp of … Soy sauce.
- You need 2 Tbsp of … Suger.
- Prepare 1 of … Star anise.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of … Five-spice powder.
- Prepare of for 1 serving.
- You need of Boiled white rice… about 180 g or as much as you like!.
- Prepare of Lu Rou meat … as much as you like! XD.
- It’s of Boiled Egg.
- Prepare of withe sesame.
Minced pork rice (or lo bah png, Chinese: 滷肉飯; pinyin: lǔròufàn; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: ló͘-bah-pn̄g) is a rice dish that is commonly seen throughout Taiwan and Southern Fujian. The flavor may vary from one region to another, but the basic ingredients remain the same: ground pork marinated and boiled in soy sauce served on top of steamed rice. Lu Rou Fan which literally translates into "braised meat rice" is considered a national dish of Taiwan. It is made by boiling marinated minced pork in soy sauce and then serving it over.
Lu Rou Fan (滷肉飯, Taiwanese Braised meat rice bowl) instructions
- First, boil the water in pot. Next, add pork and boil for 1 hour on low heat. Stop the fire when time passes. Keep it until it cools down. (this water is a delicious soup. Do not throw it away).
- Cut the Boiled Pork like Picture. (When chilled in a refrigerator, the fat becomes hard and easy to cut) Cut thin the Boiled Bamboo shoots, like too. Make the Boiled Egg, boil 8-9 min..
- Put boiled pork belly, bamboo shoots, Boiled Egg, fried onions, and pork soup, soy sauce, sugar, star anise, five-spice powder in a pan(or pot). Once boiled, heat on low heat for 1 hour..
- Put warm rice in a bowl. Add Lu Rou Meat on top of it (don't forget the eggs). Add the soup (more is better). Sprinkle sesame. And eat! Oishiiiiiiiiii!.
Lu rou fan (滷肉飯) – Braised pork rice. Undoubtedly, Jin Feng (金峰魯肉飯) has earned its popularity from their braised pork rice, and that's something anyone who goes to the restaurant doesn't miss ordering. Most people ordered their own individual bowl of braised pork rice and then ordered a few other side dishes to share with. Vegan recipe for lu rou fan (braised meat sauce with rice), a popular, classic Taiwanese comfort food. It seems vegan comfort foods have been an interest of late.