Arancini – mozzarella and ragù stuffed rice balls. Add wine and cook, stirring often, until pan is almost. Sicilian Arancini are deliciously plump stuffed rice balls filled with ragu, peas, mozzarella and deep fried. Arancini are originally from Sicily and my version is simple to make and coated with.
In its perfection, arancini has a nice crispy outside and scrumptious gooey center. These Arancini, Italian Rice Balls are so utterly delicious and irresistible! The centres are filled with some yummy prosciutto and mozzarella. You can cook Arancini – mozzarella and ragù stuffed rice balls using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arancini – mozzarella and ragù stuffed rice balls
- Prepare 150 g of risotto rice.
- It’s 100 g of mince.
- You need of Chopped onion, carrots and celery.
- You need Spoonful of tomato passata.
- You need 4 of Ciliegine mozzarella.
- Prepare 500 ml of stock.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs.
- You need of Olive oil.
- It’s of Oil to fry.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of NOTE: cook step 1&2 together to save time :).
They are then rolled in breadcrumbs and then deep fried to a golden brown perfection! They are an extremely popular street food throughout Italy and a true comfort food! What are Arancini In a shallow bowl, blend the bread crumbs with the sea salt. Drain the mozzarella balls of their water.
Arancini – mozzarella and ragù stuffed rice balls instructions
- Make the ragù. Fry onions, carrots and celery in a little olive oil. Add mince and brown. Add passata and salt and pepper. Simmer for about 30 mins. Sauce must be quite dry. Leave to cool.
- Fry rice in a little oil for 1 min. Add stock and cook like you would risotto. When stock absorbed and rice al dente, leave to cool.
- Buy or make your own breadcrumbs. Beat an egg in a bowl. Get rice, ragù and mozzarella ready..
- Put some rice in the palm of your hand. Add some ragù, the mozzarella, a little more ragù.
- Add a little more rice to close and make your ball.
- Roll in the egg and then the breadcrumbs.
- Finish all 4 in the same way. Leave in fridge for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Fry until golden brown all over.
- Drain on kitchen paper, serve hot :).
Get a clean rimmed baking sheet out to put the rice balls on. Take a scant ¼ cup of rice (depending on how big you want the arancini) and place it in your hand. Make a dent in the center, stick a mozzarella ball in and cover it up with the rice. Great recipe for Arancini – mozzarella and ragù stuffed rice balls. A dish from Sicily eaten as a first course or much more commonly, street food!