Snickerdoodles. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe makes treats that are perfectly soft in the middle with a bit of crunch around the Mrs. How do you make snickerdoodles puffy and soft? The secret's in the ratio of butter to leavener to flour to egg.
They are so fast to put together too! I actually got it from an old recipe that my Great Grandma had. Super Soft And Full Of Cinnamon – This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe Is Sure To Be A Hit! You can have Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- Prepare 1 cup of softened butter.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbs of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare of For coating:.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
They're One Of Our Most Requested Cookie Recipes And Always Get So Many. Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar. These classic cookies are soft, chewy, and coated with a delicious. Cinnamon sugar topped cookies, crackly on the outside while pliable on the inside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add powder and mix.
- Add flour slowly, and scrape down mixer as needed.
- Scoop cookies, rolling each cookie into a ball with your hands.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for topping.
- Roll each cookie in topping a d place on cookie sheet.
- They will not spread but will need to be flattened with a spatula before baking.
- Bake about 12 minutes, centers should be soft but not doughy..
- For traditional sugar cookies, just roll out and cut the dough into shapes. It won't need to be refrigerated. Frost or decorate as you like.
- For peppermint "kringles", omit nutmeg and use only 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 2-3 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp of red food coloring..
- Roll each kringle in red and green nonpareils or regular sugar instead of the cinnamon sugar.
Snickerdoodles are also called Snipdoodles or Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. These Snickerdoodles are leavened using a combination of cream of tartar and baking soda. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK!